Author Topic: Pictures - Is this normal (Post-op)  (Read 2937 times)

Offline jpart100

• Posting Member
Hey guys,
I'm 4 days post op. I know its very early. I'm feeling great, the feeling I get when I look in the mirror and see a flat chest is amazing. I finally got the compression vest off, and put on some tight under armor like the doctor said I could.
I'm a bit concerned about these creases. Is this normal? I was at the doctor today and he said I'm too early to tell, and they should go away and shape up in a few months. I'm just wondering if anyone on the site who had the operation has any input. They dont bother me much, and I'm sure they will go away, but I'd prefer them to not be there. Anyway, I couldn't be happier with the operation, I still can't believe I have a flat chest! BTW - I had excisions on both sides

Offline jpart100

• Posting Member
If it matters, I did have very puffy nipples pre-op and my PS said I would have some extra skin that would have to tighten

Offline tenncast

• Silver Member
give it time....i would not be worried.

DrBermant

Hey guys,
I'm 4 days post op. I know its very early. I'm feeling great, the feeling I get when I look in the mirror and see a flat chest is amazing. I finally got the compression vest off, and put on some tight under armor like the doctor said I could.
I'm a bit concerned about these creases. Is this normal? I was at the doctor today and he said I'm too early to tell, and they should go away and shape up in a few months. I'm just wondering if anyone on the site who had the operation has any input. They dont bother me much, and I'm sure they will go away, but I'd prefer them to not be there. Anyway, I couldn't be happier with the operation, I still can't believe I have a flat chest! BTW - I had excisions on both sides

Tissues tend to evolve over time. How skin evolves after a difficult Tuberous Breast Deformity Gynecomastia depends on the particular deformity, what was done, skill of the surgeon, after surgery care, skin splinting, After Surgery Compression Garments, Scar Care, and many other factors best discussed with your surgeon.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Revision Gynecomastia and Chest Surgery

Offline jpart100

• Posting Member
Thanks for the replies. I guess  I won't worry about it for now, I just hope they go away! Other than that, very happy with my results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024