Author Topic: Greetings brothers  (Read 5491 times)

Offline scorion78

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member of this site and just wanted to say hi. I've been stalking this site for the past couple months now on and off because I had decided to get the surgery done and this was a great treasure trove of information.

Now I'm 2 days post op and can't believe that I'm actually on the other side of this mountain I've been climbing for the past 19 years. I've felt so alone at times in my shame and it's so amazing to me to find this site dedicated to this problem that we all share, all of the support and guidance you guys have offered each other is really inspirational!

Offline samkilty

• Posting Member
Congrats on being on the other side! I am 3 days post-op and am excited to see my results. I know you posted this a while ago, so how do you look now? Also a question: how long before you could go back to lifting heavily/working out heavily? THanks and congrats again!

Offline dwl

• Posting Member
Samkitty -

I noticed you're 2-days post op.   I'm scheduled for next Monday, but the docs saying i shouldn't even be using the computer for a min of 48 hours.  I'm kind of nervous because I really need to be able to respond to emails, etc.

how was it for you?

Offline scorion78

@Samkilty
I took three weeks off from work in conjunction with my operation, waited about four weeks before I started getting back into the grove of things. The most important thing I'd say, is just listen to your body. You'll feel it if the strain is getting to be too much. It's the waiting that's the hardest part.

Good luck!

I just posted this pic of before and after (so far) a few days ago in another thread. http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21322.0

Offline samkilty

• Posting Member
@dwl
I've never heard of not using a computer before surgery...For me, I used my computer the night before the surgery, and everything went fine. Good luck!

@scorion78
Thanks for the advice. I'm 3 days post op (still) and have a weird crease inverted thing. Hard to explain, i'll post a pic at some point. On only one side the actual nipple is tucked down and stuck behind the lower aerola skin. Sorry for not provided a pic at the moment. I'm just wondering if you think this will go away, i mean its only 3 days after surgery so i hope it does. Anyway, your results look great. Congrats!

Offline dwl

• Posting Member
OK, i feel like an idiot - I meant to say, 48 hours after surgery because the doc said i should be relaxing, etc.   

Offline samkilty

• Posting Member
honestly i still have the same answer. I used my computer after and had no trouble. I don't understand what your doc meant becasue using a computer is still relaxing... i'm not sure.

Offline dwl

• Posting Member
No worries - I thought it was weird as well.   I just need to be able to use my computer, answer emails, etc....i cant really be away from business more than a day. 

Offline samkilty

• Posting Member
Maybe you could ask your doc why he wanted you to take a break from a computer...but your probably fine either way. good luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024