Author Topic: NHS fun  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Reverence

• Posting Member
Same old story (Getting puffy nipples and gland at 14 etc) spent years feeling like crap because of my chest and went to the GP multiple times being told "wait it out" which never ever works (currently 22 now) i finally last year went again and got sent through to the hospital to do tests like a mammogram which was torture and humiliating and then he said which was a load of bollocks (we can't do much) and said try tamomaxifen even though its confirmed to not actually worked.

Spent a month using it and feeling like crap it made my penis all messed up for some reason, anyway they said if it didn't work go back so do you think they are pissing me about this is like the 10th time i have been in a few years.

Anyway i was suggested working out two years ago which i do daily and yep that does nothing what so ever to fix it, so i'll be going back soon and asking if they will do the surgery.

Goddam NHS stop pissing me about.

Offline wantridofgyno17

• Silver Member
I had surgery on the NHS, start to finish took me 4 months.. but guess what, I'm still here. Did a crap job, wish I'd gone private first time.. although I couldn't get the money together and I was desperate, big regret though. Got my consultation with Karidis tomorrow, hoping he can put some light at the end of the tunnel! Seriously, go with Karidis if you can get the money together, even if it means waiting.. NHS are piss poor from my experience.

You get what you pay for I guess! (and I paid nothing, result somewhat reflective!)

Offline kingboob

You get what you pay for I guess! (and I paid nothing, result somewhat reflective!)

That is not completely true...... most of the top surgeons will have started out in the NHS at some point or another and many will do some private and some NHS.  Plus no surgeon can guarantee perfection.

The big problem with the NHS is you have no way of knowing if you are getting a surgeon experienced with manboobs or not and  even if you did know a good NHS surgeon it seems like you get who you are given, there is no room for choice!    Plus the aftercare if woeful.

The whole situation is made worse by the postcode lottery...... some guys with very minor problems (IMO) have had  swift NHS treatment and other guys will full blown breasts have been refused point blank.

Basically it is a cosmetic operation so I guess you can't complain too much........... however they don't refuse to fix up drunk drivers who have cut their faces up in a car crash or other self inflicted problems do they..

If you can possibly get the money together then go private......... more choice and you get treated like a human being rather than a number / nuisance.

Offline Reverence

• Posting Member
My family really don't understand they begrudginly took me to these apointments and don't support me AT ALL and i wanted to pay for it to be done private but they would talk me out of it.

Utterly ruining my life but they don't care what's worse is i spend 2 years of my life wasted doing exercise daily and still seeing moobs.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024