Author Topic: I don't even know where to start..(pictures)  (Read 3112 times)

Offline jamie_s

• Posting Member
Hi,

I'm 24, 6ft, 12st 8lbs. Here are my pictures:

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx140/jamie_s_2010/chest03.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx140/jamie_s_2010/chest01.jpg

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx140/jamie_s_2010/chest02.jpg

I don't know if I have gland in there or just fat.

If it's just fat is Lipo the way to go? I am aware if there is gland in there then it needs to be removed.

Also, how do I get diagnosed? Do i just go and see my GP? Or do I need to arrange time with plastic surgeons in order to tell what I have?

And finally, if it needs to be removed can anyone recommend anyone other than Dr. Karidis? I can not make it to London very easily at all as I live nearer Scotland than London.

Any help will be greatly appreciated as this is ruining my life!

Regards

J

Offline thetodd

Truth is you cant tell from a picture

but yeah you have a minor case, it will be glandular so you will need excision/lipo. If you want a good result then a train journey from scotland to london isnt too bad just stay overnight somewhere. But with that added cost your looking at about £4.5k at a guess? Depends if you want to spend that sort of cash. If i was in your position i wouldnt bother but if its bothering you that much get it treated

Your GP will sort of diagnose it, but theyd send you to the breast clinic at your local hospital. You could try the free NHS route but im pretty sure youd get turned away due to it not being a bad case.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline jamie_s

• Posting Member
Thanks for the reply mate.

I have booked a consultation with a local plastic surgeon (dr matt erdmann) who claims to have done plenty of these procedures. I will be thoroughly interviewing him, lol.

I will be keeping everyone on here posted with the outcome. I am definately going down the surgery route, I just need to find the right surgeon.

J

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
to me, it seems like both gland and fat, very minor though.
frankly, i wouldn't touch it.
good luck

Offline kingboob

I don't think your chest looks abnormal at all to be honest.  Could end up with a lot worse or more noticeable problems after surgery........even with the best surgeon some scarring is unavoidable.   Lumps/bumps/scarring and nipple issues are all worth researching and considering carefully before having surgery on a  basically normal chest.

Offline 2fast2furious

• Posting Member
Yours is definately mild which will work in our favour. Have you ever worked out your chest and noticed any difference. If not this will be the first thing i would try and maybe reduce your body fat. As your condition doesnt seem that bad to me I would def consider the pros and cons of surgery. bottom line is the end result can never be guarenteed at all, not tryna put you off but your could end up looking worse imho

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
really cant say your chest resembles that of a females ( ie, gynecomastia) It looks looks any other guys you would see on any beach, in fact a lot LESS breast than most I would say!
At the end of the day tho, if it bothers you that much then get plastic surgery to make it look different ::)
You might find out you still arent satisfied tho.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
I don't believe you'll be happy with gyne surgery.  You appear to be wanting perfection, and that's generally not the end result from such surgery. 

Your case is so mild, I don't believe you need anything done, and if I were a doctor, I would not operate on you.  I believe you would be wasting money and very possibly regret the decision to have the surgery, as well as the outcome.

Offline kingboob

Wow, I'm quite surprised, normally people on this site see gyne everywhere........... seems like everyone is agreed there isn't much going on here though.

I wonder what the OP thinks?

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
Kingboob, I too have noticed that lately there seems to be more realistic comments here!
Some of the "surgery at all costs" posters must have left! :D

Perhaps it is because the docs are posting more & agree in many cases that the OP has not got any significant excess breast tissue. ::)

Offline jamie_s

• Posting Member
Hey, thanks for the replies.

I think I need to take some more pictures as although I am aware my case is mild, I do have excessive fat starting below the nipple and carrying around to the outside of the nipple on both breasts..and depending on the heat or time of day, they can look like breasts.

There are no lumps at all, the top portion of my chest is firm as I have been working out believe it or not ha, my body fat is about 17%.

As it stands I do not take my shirt off in public and never will, I prefer to have sex in the dark and only buy dark t shirts or t shirts with bold writing accross the chest, its ruining my life. I'm 25 and have been this way for about 7years now.

I have been down to 12stone and my chest was exactly the same. if its not gyne then it may just be stubborn fat.

My chest looks fine in cold weather, seems to shrink right up, but that doesn't help me on holiday or any time you would remove clothes.

I will submit more pictures tonight as it seems to be worse at night.

Thanks again for your advice.

Jamie

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member

Offline jamie_s

• Posting Member
Hey,

I had recently posted a thread (http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21139.0) in the "UK" section. I was overwhelmed by how many people were willing to have a look and give me their opinions..

A brief recap of that thread, I have mild case, it's ok when i'm cold or just out of the shower but chest becomes "woman like" when warm or asleep/when I wake up.

I am definitely going down the surgery route as it's ruining my life... I will be continuing to update this site with my experiences over the next few months as unlike most of you on here, I will not be having my surgery in London, it's just not possible for me unfortunately...but I think it may help other people in this situation.

Anyway, I know my case is mild but it does affect me so I went to see Dr. Matt Erdmann @ Washington Spire hospital today.

He was cool, very straight talking, very "to the point".

He examined me, asked me about what results I was after and took reference photos.

After the examination he advised me that I had two options:

1) Lipo only - Limited scarring, only very small scarring under the nipple and armpit... £3250

or

2) Lipo & Excision - More scarring, larger scars, longer recovery time... £3750

Mr Erdmann advised that I could probably achieve what I wanted through lipo only as my case was very mild and there is a lot of fat there but not much gland...however I could have the gland excised if I needed it.

Personally, the cost isn't too much different so it's purely down to choice.

I think I am leaning towards the "lipo only" option due to the lack of scarring and quicker healing time.

I just wondered what you guys thought, I know some of you have had the full works done and some have had lipo only so i'm very interested in your opinions.

Thanks in advance

Jamie

Offline kingboob

Lipo is great for removing the excess fat but it will not break up the gland tissue which is harder and cannot be sucked out as easily.     

I have noticed  that over the years many guys have had lipo only and been unhappy.....................then again one or two have got good results from lipo only............. this website probably explains the issue  better than I can: http://www.plasticsurgery4u.com/procedure_folder/male_breast/gynecomastia_treatment.html

IMO you have a pretty mild case to start off with, so I am hoping the  surgeon has been through all the risks and explained what is a realistic result.

I've had lipo to the body and it takes ages for the swelling to fully go down.  Scarring is just two small stab wounds, can't be bigger than about 1 to 2cm to be honest.   

What is this guys policy on revisions?   I mean lets say you get lipo only and you are unhappy, do you then have to cough up another £3750 to get the gland cut out?   

The thing that worries me is he says 'probably' and 'not much gland'.... well if you suck all the fat out the gland is gonna be more noticeable.... plus I would really want the surgeon to tell me what option is best for me and why.

I'm just worried that A) you don't appear to have an abnormal body to start off with, and B) the risks are going to outweigh the benefits, I mean lets say you get a completely flat chest but it goes the other way, and you get some creasing or a thick scar - how would you feel then, is that a fair trade off for you?

Dunno what else to say really, hopefully some other guys can add something more useful.............

Offline dannyboy740

• Posting Member
I think you dont have GYNE, you look to be in good shape, good chest and have nothing to be ashamed of

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024