Author Topic: Had Lipo, now want Excision  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Cookie123

Hi Guys,

I had lipo done on my chest about 10 weeks ago at a cost of 3k, I’d had 2 consultations with the surgeon and he said on both occasions that lipo would definitely make a difference and he would prefer to do that procedure “first” then look at the results after a few months and if I still wasn’t happy then he would remove the gland in a separate procedure, at a cost of 4k. The reason for this he said was that he would need to make a larger incision around the nipple and there would be more bleeding if I were to have the lipo and remove the gland at the same time. Does anyone know if this is right?

I’m fairly sure the majority of the swelling has gone down now but I still wear a compression garment for a few hours a day, however there is still a considerable amount of “sagging” particularly at one side, and the other side looks like a very puffy nipple. Now to be honest it is a lot lot better than it used to be, he said he took out 500ml from my chest and I can really see a big difference, but I’m still not really happy with the results.

I had the surgery done in Leeds but when reading these boards I see the names of Karidis and Kevick coming up again and again. Does anyone know of or have any good experiences of any surgeons “up north” as I plan to have the glands removed. I could go back to my surgeon but I would rather go with someone more experienced.

Thanks,

Offline kingboob

I think it is a bit naughty (to say the least) that the guy is asking you for another 4k to fix the half finished job he did first time around.    This seems to happen a lot with moob surgery, guys get told to have lipo only and then after the op the surgeon acts surprised that the lipo didn't take out the gland.  An experienced surgeon should know the only way to remove the gland is to cut it out and then the lipo gets rid of the fat.

Not sure of any surgeons up north to be honest,  for the cost of a train ticket  it might be worth the trip down south to get a second opinion to see what can be done. 

Sagging could be loose skin and there may not be much that can be done about it (it may snap back in time anyway), but if there is still puffy nipples or fat remaining then that could be improved.

You should also be aware that revision surgery seems to have unpredictable results and it may not be possible to get the perfect chest - Scar tissue damage caused by the surgery means that basically the tissue is never the same as what it would be in a *normal* person who has never had gyne.   -   

I mean I don't want to sound negative but some guys on here have had like 3 or 4 revisions for various reasons and not really been any happier,  if the result is a good improvement it might be worth sticking with what you have rather than aiming for perfection, but it is  really difficult to say without living in your body to be honest.

Posting up some pictures to get other peoples opinions is sometimes helpful - if you post in the pics section then sometimes one of the American Drs come along and comment as well.

Offline Ibanez99

• Bronze Member
Hey jsboob nice detailed comment right there. i think im pretty much the same case except that i myself dnt knw whether i have puffy nips or not lol. 300 ml of fat was removed frm each side and im almost 5 weeks post op. ive posted some pics in surgery experiences sec+ion. my chest contour has drastically improved too bt not perfect yet. it cud be swelling i guess so im gonna wait more. well wha+ u said abt tissues nt being the same? there are no scars during lipo rite just 4 small holes that have almost faded away by now. so wats with tissues nt being the same?
sid

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024