Author Topic: I'm New. A Few Pics I Guess.  (Read 3471 times)

Offline chestisunreal

Well, I'm new. And I have gynecomastia. I've seventeen, and have been wanting the surgery for years now. It showed up when I was 12.
When I went to get the surgery, my insurance company considered it "cosmetics", and I was not approved. I don't consider myself obese, or overweight. So it must be puberty right?
So... yeah. Here are some pics of it.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/7254/gedc0067am.jpg
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1416/gedc0068z.jpg

Offline 303MattS4

• Posting Member
You need to file an appeal with your insurance company. Possibly have your general practitioner and/or endocrinologist work with you on that appeal. Most insurance companies have guidelines regarding their coverage of gyne surgery and you most certainly look like you would fall within any guidelines.

Good luck!

Offline ddh

• Silver Member
You really need the surgery.

Perhaps some of the docs who read the posts on this board can recommend how to approach your insurance company.

Offline alphajc

• Posting Member
It's highly unlikely that will go away on its own...it's time to consider surgery.

I would try to get your primary doctor go to bat for you on that...that is quite different than normal gyne in my opinion.  Or if you have parents that are well off...spending 5k on you to treat that condition would be a worthwhile expense.

Offline bill1177

• Posting Member
that looks nasty sorry to see that bro
less than 30 days till im 14

Offline Bobby - LAgyne

• Gold Member
honestly, except for around the nipple area, you have a nice chest and defined peck muscles. if you do the surgery, it will look fabulous.
i see you're new here. so, a piece of advice: do research the docs and only when you feel completely confident and comfortable with the surgeon, go for the surgery.
i'm pretty sure surgeons here will comment your case.
good luck

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Your Insurance should cover the cost of Psychological counseling. A good counselor should be able to make a case in favor of surgery due to Psychological impact.

Many insurance policies specifically deny cosmetic surgery but you could get around that in some cases by a simple change of terminology. Referring to the surgery as restorative or corrective instead of cosmetic may be of help. This could be a hard uphill battle and perhaps it is one you will not win.

Good Luck!
Grandpa Dan

Offline ineedsurgery

• Bronze Member
man these insurance companies need to start helping people out.good luck man

Offline Emmitsm03

• Bronze Member
Wow... dude you gotta get going on that damn ins company. Nobody should have to live with that. Get the surgery! it will change your life!!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024