Author Topic: Post Surgery questions  (Read 2041 times)

Offline blackcountryboob

• Posting Member
Hi guys

long time reader first time poster :-). I recently had my operation with Levick and I don't know how it looks (1 day post op) I had a quick sneak peak and it seemed my nipples were quite low compared to most guys but that maybebecause I had quite large moons. Anyone else find this? Also I would say I am about 1.5 stones overweight, does this have a bearing?

My main questions are on post op care, there are so many posts on here I get lost in it all. I am taking my arnica and antibiotics and also have been given a vest.
1. How tight does the vest have to be? When can I change to a slip on vest?
2. When should I start massaging my chest and Where and how often and using what?
3. I scar easy and alot how to I dissolve scar tissue
4. When can I start to exercise?

Thanks guys and I hold you are all well :-)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 06:40:03 AM by blackcountryboob »

Offline Nomoregyne

• Bronze Member
This always amazes me.Seriously, why wouldnt you ask your doctor these questions at the time of surgery? Why come on a message board and ask posters (none of whom I assume are medical professionals) for medical advice??

Why not call levick or one of his nurses and ask them? They've seen your chest and done the surgery and each surgeoon has his own recomendations and ways of doing things

Offline kingboob

Most of your questions are answered on his website: http://www.paullevick.co.uk/procedures/breast/gynaecomastia-(male-breasts)/faqs.aspx

He recommends wearing the compression vest for 2 to 4 weeks and doing some gentle massage after a month.   Exercise after  4 weeks but start off slow............... basically doing too much early on can lead to complications.

Nipples being quite low?    They normally only sit really low if there is tons of excess saggy skin, I'm guessing you don't have that, so probably just a slight variation of normal. Ask him....

You are only 1 day post op and you may well find things will change over the next 6 months or so.... the tissue takes a long time to settle down and the skin can even tighten up a bit over time. 

Any questions and you should phone his office and he will call you back.

I just had some touch up lipo on my stomach and chest on Wednesday and I am swollen up like a water balloon, I mean I am 6lbs heavier than I was pre-op!..........  I  have had surgery before so knew what to expect,  you now have the whole swelling/scar tissue thing to look forward to.  :P :P

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024