Author Topic: Surgery with Karidis next week - practical advice please!  (Read 1918 times)

Offline med51

• Posting Member
Am scheduled to have surgery with Karidis next week. I would really appreciate it if you gave me some tips about a few practical issues:

- after leaving hospital, is the wound bleeding? If I wore my shirt, would I end up with blood or other stuff all over?

- my chest is quite hairy: should I shave it prior to surgery? And if so, which way would you recommend, as I have never shaved it (and obviously I would like the least drastic way possible...)

- is there any point buying a couple of the very tight t-shirts (I think Nike) which some guys have mentioned? If so, would you recommend the normal size I buy for t-shirts, or a smaller one?

- is the vest noticeable underneath the shirt?

Many thanks for any tips - really appreciate your input so far!

Offline thetodd

1/ no your not bleeding but you have hardly any mobiliity ... u cant lift your arms! so if you wear a medium shirt go to george and buy a cheapo black XL one cause youl be stuffed in padding and a vest. You might need the nurse to help you on with it. Youl understand when you have the op you can lift your arms to about a 35 degree angle from what i personally remember. There maybe some seepage (a tiny bit) the padding will soak it up but wear a black shirt caues you never know.

2/ go and get some sensitive veet, any sensitive hair removal cream infact even if its designed for women! Do not shave it youl be covered in ingrown hairs. And do it asap because it will give it time to grow back to a stubble stage (you dont want to have a vest on rawly shaved skin itl really hurt). Will make it much easier for removing plasters and will make your chest look loads better post op! Grab some moisturisor if you can!

3/ the underarmour vests ... i never bothered if your going down the gym yeah. Should be normal size just make sure you wear summit over it or youl look a female thingy

4/ the vest they give you can be noticeable! depends on what your wearing and what situation your in ... i didnt wear the vest out in public but i had two weeks off work so i didnt have to. They are uncomforable!

The main thing about them is that theyve got metal clasps down the front that you fasten up itd be easily noticeable in a tshirt!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline med51

• Posting Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024