Author Topic: Massaging  (Read 2323 times)

Offline blackcountryboob

• Posting Member
Hi guys

I am now 4 and a bit weeks post op and I feel fairly ok the chest is not flat by any means still looks slightly moobsy but I was quite large and am still overweight so that is something I will work on.

My question predictably now is about scar tissue and how best to deal with it. I am a little concerned as I have a long canal of hard tissue develop exactly where my surgical drains were in fact they pretty much resemble the drains in shape and depth this is attached to other lumps which leads to a rearing feeling if I move my arms past a certain point. I have asked the surgeon and he said it should resolve itself and that I should start massaging.

So my main query for you knowledgable lot is about massage
1) how often
2) how vigorous
3) what technique
4) use of any products?

I reaally would appreciate any advice that may be forthcoming. Thanks in advance

Offline blackcountryboob

• Posting Member
Any takers?

Offline thetodd

get some bio oil, should help and makes it a bit easier

I done it 3 times a day, just hard with my knuckles they call it a massage but its more of a vigarous one! youl find a way you like doing it theres no real right or wrong way just make sure you apply some pressure and use bio oil

Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline kingboob

get some bio oil, should help and makes it a bit easier

I done it 3 times a day, just hard with my knuckles they call it a massage but its more of a vigarous one! youl find a way you like doing it theres no real right or wrong way just make sure you apply some pressure and use bio oil

Only thing I would add to is that at 4 weeks post op it is important not to go nuts... if it hurts then go easy with it.

Any swelling and scar tissue formation can take a LONG time to go down completely.  - Months not weeks, so stay patient and follow whatever advice your doctor/surgeon has given you.

edit:  I use a cheap cocoa butter because bio oil is very expensive, unscented baby oil would probably do the same thing for cheaper still.

Offline dannyboy740

• Posting Member
blackcountryboob
Any pics pre and post op? How's the sleeping and massage going?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024