Author Topic: gyne or just paranoid?  (Read 3125 times)

Offline trinineer

• Posting Member
fgdhbdbd hrdhers
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:42:25 AM by trinineer »

DrBermant

if i reduce my bodyfat percentage and lbuild more lean mass would i have to worry anything bout gyne? thanks

Subtle puffy nipple gynecomastia will have a fat and gland component. Weight loss can help with the fat, but the gland becomes unmasked.  I work with many bodybuilders, and a common complaint is as they build their muscle, what sits on top of the muscle gets pushed out further.

Check out this answer to the same question which has resources demonstrating the issues of anatomy, bodybuilding, and weight loss:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=21080.msg143233;topicseen#msg143233

Here are more resources I have posted here about puffy nipple gynecomastia:

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=8776.msg62645#msg62645

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome to gyne.org, trinineer.

"Subtle" puffy nipple gyne that Dr. Bermant described is a great way to put it.  If you have it, it's "subtle," to say the least.

All I know is....if I saw you on a beach, it would never enter my mind that you had gyne or a female appearing chest.  I know I wouldn't be concerned at all unless the condition worsened.  I think you look great. Of course, all that matters is how YOU feel about it.  But if you're concerned about whether others would see something wrong with your chest, I believe the answer is "no".

Offline xoxoxoxo

• Gold Member
you have a nice lean body.. that's it.

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
I wouldn't be able to tell if you had gyne, and that's a good thing!

Don't worry about it

DrBermant

Welcome to gyne.org, trinineer.

"Subtle" puffy nipple gyne that Dr. Bermant described is a great way to put it.  If you have it, it's "subtle," to say the least.

All I know is....if I saw you on a beach, it would never enter my mind that you had gyne or a female appearing chest.  I know I wouldn't be concerned at all unless the condition worsened.  I think you look great. Of course, all that matters is how YOU feel about it.  But if you're concerned about whether others would see something wrong with your chest, I believe the answer is "no".

It does not take much to distort a really cut look on the male chest. The amount of gland / fat that I remove on some of my professional athletes and bodybuilders can be tiny indeed, yet the change in contour and their emotional description of their life changes has proven to me the benefits of such surgery.

This is something like woman's breasts. Is an A cup satisfactory? Does someone who has a C cup more of a woman?  No, both the A cup and C cup are both breast and both work just fine for breast feeding. (I do not offer breast implants). A parallel question would be is my breast contour good enough?

Gynecomastia is the same thing. It comes in different sizes. It affects individuals in different ways. Just because a male has massive breasts does not mean they need surgery. I have seen many men who do not care and are fine with their breasts. Yet others prefer a muscle contour to the chest and even a little interferes with that look. This becomes something even more critical when flexing muscles such as posing or lifting weights makes it look worse. Some bodybuilders who never touched enhancing substances also have told me that they were accused of doing so since they had gynecomastia and wanted the surgery just to stop the ridicule from others who accused them of doing so!

So the question is a personal thing.

Back to the original poster's issue, weight loss however will not reduce the gland component and can in fact denude the remaining gland making it stand out more. And, no you can accept any contour condition and live with it!

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, M.D.
Board Certified
American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons and American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
Specializing in Gynecomastia and Surgical Sculpture of the Male Chest
(804) 748-7737

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024