Author Topic: Dr Levick or Dr. Karidis? (and hi...)  (Read 3158 times)

Offline NeedToLoseWeight

• Posting Member
Hi guys,

I've been a lurker on these forums for a long time and finally decided to make an account and post.

I'm 19, a student and have a bad case of gyno. (I'll post pics soon on another thread). I'll be going to university this October and will, hopefully, be able to get the op done by the time my second installment of student loan comes which should be about this time next year. That will also give me the break from easter to recover from the operation. And oh this will be a secret to everyone I know.

(Another side note, will being 80Kg and 5"7 be a problem for the operation)

Now on to the thread;

I've been doing a lot of research on Gyne and the best surgeons and last night alone I was up until 4 am looking up info on Dr Levick and Dr. Karidis. For me, these are the points I came up with for both;

Dr Levick:

Will be like 30 mins after I move to uni and will be able to easily go for check ups
About £500 cheaper I think. This isn't really a big issue I don't think but would be nice to save that much money as a student...
Free revisions - I'm really hoping this can be done correctly first time but if anything does happen there will be no way I can afford to have another one so this is really good
Seems more experienced... apparently he's done more ops than Karidis

Dr. Karidis:

Apparantly the best thing ever to happen for Gynecomastia
Super strong rep, no one seems to have been dissapointed by him
He is in London so I'll have to make 3 hour journies for consultation, surgery, follow ups and etc and getting blood samples to him will also be a pain
More expensive as I've said...

(Also does anyone know if Dr Levick does his own blood samples for free?)

Mind says Levick but heart says Karidis so I really don't know which to go for. Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Offline ShakerMaker

• Posting Member
Hi mate and welcome.
I had surgery with Karidis yesterday and it was a very pleasant experience indeed. I haven't taken the compression vest off yet so I can't comment on the result but I'll try and get some pics up when I do. The reason I went with him is because, like you, I didn't read a bad review about him, he does over a hundred gyne ops a year and he just instills confidence in you at the consultation.
I live in Lincolnshire so the travelling was a bit of a pain but well worth it imo.
You can get the blood tests done at your GP's for free and post the results to Karidis. I got my results the day after so you shouldn't have any problems there.
As for your weight, the less body fat you have, the higher your chance of a successful result so it would be a good idea to try and get as lean as possible for the op but it's not essential.
Anyway good luck with it all mate and if you have any other questions about the Karidis experience I'll be glad to answer them.

Offline NeedToLoseWeight

• Posting Member
Ahh glad it went well for you mate and wish you a speedy recovery.

How much was the cost in total? And are you satisfied with your post op condition so far?

Thanks a lot mate and again hope the recovery goes brilliant for you.

Offline ShakerMaker

• Posting Member
Ahh glad it went well for you mate and wish you a speedy recovery.

How much was the cost in total? And are you satisfied with your post op condition so far?

Thanks a lot mate and again hope the recovery goes brilliant for you.

Cheers mate.
The compression vest is pretty thick so I can't really comment on the result until I go for a shower later but will let you know then.
The costs were:-

£75 Consultation fee
£2690 Karidis's fee
£1483 Hospital fee

Total: £4248

Offline ShakerMaker

• Posting Member
Just realised you asked about my condition, yeh I'm happy with it. Had a bit of pain last night and trying to sleep sitting up is not fun but the pain killers they give you pretty much sorted both those problems out. I'm itching like mad today tho, can't wait to get this thing off.

Offline thetodd

shaker if its itching where the waterproof bandages are just dont wear them, i had a bad reaction to them and the area was really itchy for a few days as long as the incisions have healed over it will be fine

but wearing a compression vest in this weather isnt going to be comfortable eitherway, cant be helped though
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024