Author Topic: ** Surgery completed 12/05/2011** PICS 32 days post op**  (Read 19138 times)

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Hey

Went and saw karidis on Wednesday, and paid deposit and booked in for the 12th of May  ;D

Got appointment with GP on the 27th for the blood tests fingers crossed, however might try and get a private appointment for the blood tests before just encase the GP throws a spanner in the works.

Ive been a bodybuilder for 3 years and have no fat on my chest (veins visable) will i still get severe bruising towards the center of my pecs or will they not take as much fat out due to none being there?

Cant wait now just want it over and done with :D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:12:54 PM by lightweightbaby »

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
Good luck mate,
You will not regret it i had my opperation done on monday was the best thing i have ever done.
Bruising is diffrent for everyone you may get none you may get lots but what ever happens if you do bruise bad you can use cream to get rid of it faster.
I believe everyone has abit of fat around their chest no matter how ripped you are. Unless your total bodyfat i below healthy.

Good luck anyway mate its the best thing being gyno free..

Jake
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

Offline emanresu

• Silver Member
Best of luck mate, not that you need it in the capable hands of Karidis.

One caveat: Don't expect perfect results because you won't get absolute perfection. I know that bodybuilders like to aspire towards that 'perfect body', so don't build your hopes up too high. Just keep it in mind that it's going to be a vast improvement compared to the gyne! I got sorted by Karidis last week and I couldn't be happier.

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Yeah mate anything to get rid of these puffy nipples they have been driving me crazy since i can remember, I'm aiming to get back into the gym in mid June and maybe squats and running before that but no upper body work until i feel ok. Do you think you could do bicep and tricep exercises?

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Tomorrow is the day guys. I'm absolutely bricking it to be fair! I'm going to travel back the same day on 1st class train so it's nice comfy seats. All the blood tests where fine in the end.

The journey begins!!!!   :o

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
Good luck fella! Don't worry about it at all, really, you are in top care at St Johns + Karidis does so many of these op's he knows exactly what he's up too, so you are golden.

I travelled first class on the train, deffo the way to do it in rush hour as cattle-class was packed to the teeth with commuters and standing up wouldnt be a smart move for a few hrs. I literally took myself, my bank card and my phone and stopped & bought some drinks for my train ride home before I got into the hospital and kept the plastic bag and put all the stuff Karidis gave me into a plastic bag and marched off with that, so very light. Karidis does give you a bag, but it looks like a plastic surgery bag and I didnt fancy holding that on the train lol

Have one last good groupe of your knockers because it will be the last time you do it  ;D

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
All the best fella.

Offline Den28

Good luck mate, I was in there last Thursday myself and you'll be pleasantly surprised how simple the whole day is. Like Chopper said Dr. Karidis does a good few of these ops a week so you’ll be in good hands. One tip for ya, if you've got a hairy chest clipper that bad boy up cos it'll hurt like a bitch when you take your dressings off on Friday. All the best.

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Now sitting in the hospital waiting for the ward to open. Have to say I'm pretty nervous at this point and sweating like a pig, didn't sleep to bad either. Just want this bit to be over with now! Hopefully see you all on the other side :)

Bye for now guys

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
All done now guys. Just about to get dressed and sort myself out ready for the journey home. The pain isn't too bad just uncomfortable really the movement in my arms is pretty good at the minute so it's probably good I'm going home in a bit. I'll try get some pics up tomo, it looks a bit bruised at the right side where the vest was digging in and sore up wards the centerer of my chest.

Now for the recovery :)

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
Triffic, all the best fella.

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
hope you recover quick mate. By the way, how is this compression vest you got? Is it noticeable under your T-shirt?

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
No mate it's not noticeable I wore a hoodie home, but if you wore baggy Teeshirt or tight one it would just look like a muscle vest underneath.

My god what a journey, I'm not sitting back at home after getting on the tube then train then short drive as I really couldn't handle another night in that hotel. I feel pretty good tbh, my chest feels a bit tight but I have feeling all across the top of my chest where it was numb earlier. The feeling at the minute is the same as having a serious chest session in the gym then the soreness the day after.

I will try to do a day to day account as other guys have and will try snap some photos tomo. Feels like a dream looking back at it now.

Offline Choda

• Silver Member
How do you feel after surgert LW? Surreal? I've only dreamt of not having G, so not sure whats it gonna be like once they are finally gone.

What should I say after surgery if people ask me about my chest? I haven't seen my close friends in a while so I was gonna say weight loss, but woud the scars give it away?

Offline lightweightbaby

• Bronze Member
Well unless your taking your top off straight away then you don't need to say nothing. I haven't even told my girlfriend!! I've just told her whilst chest pressing 55kg dumbbells I've injured my chest and it's not gonna be right for quite a while (until I don't have to wear the vest).

Waking up from the surgery is pretty strange you feel really bound up and it's difficult to keep your eyes open and I kept drifting off. Now I've made it home and in bed, my arms feel pretty stiff now when lifting them up but other than that I'm in no pain.

When back in my room they check the heart rate every 20 mins I think and my heart rate was a bit fast! This panicked me so each time the nurse came round my heart rate was rushing as I was nervous. When it got to 4ish she said I can go when I like so I got changed and left.

I won't see the benefits right now and I'm worried about seeing it tomo for the first time but I've got to look at the larger picture say 2 months time.

I'm glad I've done it and it's over but I'm not getting too excited about the results until I see them tomo.

All the best guys :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024