Author Topic: bad case of gyno or fat?  (Read 2842 times)

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
All started when I was probably around 12. Piling the weight on and this was accompanied by man boobs. I did start eating less to get rid of it, and I did drop the weight, and man boobs were reduced slightly but still not completely gone.
 I have constantly dropped weight from about heaviest of 12.5 stone when I was younger (~15y.o), from down to 9.5 stone (~19y.o). Man boobs were there even at that lower weight. Also, I tend to have a high bodyfat percentage, and it always tends to accumulate on chest and stomach. The pics I am currently show me now, at 24, 5"6 and roughly about 10 stone (~60kg). This is seriously demoralising, as I am sure I am not very overweight or something, and I have even seen people much heavier than me, at my same height, and they don't have this same sort of fat distribution. My activity levels are not exactly brilliant though, and have in the past, tried to use tonnes of cardio and undereating to get rid of it - big mistake, this probably made the "skinny-fat" look worse. couple of months was trying to strength training, gained some muscle, and felt a difference, however, did feel the muscle on my chest was trying to push some fat forward or something. Gave exercise up due to lack of motivation, but thinking of starting again.
I even have thought of the fact it may be lack of testosterone, I have accompanying symptoms, e.g. people always ask me if what I'm doing at school, even though I'm 24... Still got hairy legs and facial hair, but starting to have little interest in sex, pursuing girls,etc, and difficulty attaining a hard erection.Howveer, whether this is due my low self esteem and low mood, or low tesosterone, I don't know.
Last photo looks particularly bad, although I am slightly slouched there. Any other questions, or need different positioning, then please ask.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 05:04:57 PM by pharmerjoe »

Offline waves

• Silver Member
I'd say gyne and surgery is your only option.  Your other problems are probably due to years of low moral, worry and depression about the gyne.  That will improve remarkably after surgery with a good qualified surgeon.  It has for me....like a new lease on life!  Good luck!

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
I was secretly hoping it wasn't gyno, I really don't know how I can deal with this. Its embarrassing enough, but I have to bring it up with the doctor, who will probably be skeptical, and then I need to explain to everyone why I will be getting surgery and will be in hospital. Also, will this surgery fix this once and for all, with no further procedures needed, and will weight gain cause it to come back? I am in Scotland also, so any advice from someone in the know would be great.

Offline Mark102

• Silver Member
Sorry to hear about how your exercise hasn't helped your gyne much, but congrats on losing weight!

I agree with waves, surgery will only get rid of your gyne.

I suggest losing more weight, get to a weight your comfortable at, then looking for well qualitfied surgeon in your area.

Good luck!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
It's real. So now it has a name.

In my family it is common and you wouldn't be noticed. In the broader world, you'd get some stares.

How fortunate you are to live in a time when surgery is both safe and effective.
Grandpa Dan

Offline pharmerjoe

• Silver Member
looking into a few surgeons across the UK who I could see. Before that though, I am going to try and lose some more fat and try to retain or build some muscle. I can still see plenty of flab on me that I could lose, so that would then confirm that it is gyno if its still there after cutting plenty of fat.

Offline anger4tits

• Posting Member
You do have Gynecomastia, and quite a severe case considering you appear to be in healthy weight parameters. Consult with your GP, save like hell, do everything possible to sort this out asap. Exercise will benefit your health signifcantly, especially if you are under going surgery. However, weight lost and or muscle gains tend only to accentuate the gynecomastia even more. Good luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024