Author Topic: Could it be? A success story without surgery?  (Read 3473 times)

Offline dlrs44

• Posting Member
Hello.  

A year and a half ago I went on this site for the first time, seeking guidance and support for what I had felt was an inevitable surgery to correct my gyne.  I had suffered for a long time, since grade school, and though I had already lost some 40 lbs. over 4 or 5 years and was in reasonably good shape, last December my moobs repulsed me like never before.  If I would have had the $ then, I would have definitely gotten surgery.  

But I didn't have the money, so I decided to do what I could with what I had.  And what did I have?  A firm commitment to better myself physically and psychologically, and a resolve that I never knew I had in me.  I had for years been a casual runner and basketballer, but never had I really put myself to work in the gym.  I had also long been a habitual drinker and marijuana smoker since my teens (I'm 31 now), and I knew these habits would have to go if there was any chance for the gyne situation to get any better without surgery.

So, in December 2009, a few days before new year's, I quit drinking and smoking pot cold turkey.  I started working hard to eat healthy, and to avoid foods that are thought to increase gyne, like soy.  I started drinking a ridiculous amount of water with lemon and green tea every day in an effort to clean out my system.  And, most importantly, I got a membership to the local YMCA and started hitting the gym 5-6 days/week, which I followed every time with a spoonful of glutamine muscle supplement, which isn't supposed to build muscle mass like creitine but rather help with muscle development in terms of becoming more toned.  I've continued all of these good habits straight up over the year and a half since.  

In the gym, I was strategic in my workout - only very light bench presses and no other weight exercises that specifically target the pecks.  I kept it simple, working my upper and lower back, shoulder blades, shoulders, biceps and triceps, and abs, as well as doing some cardio almost every time.  I did the same routine every single time and from these the pecks received indirect resistance, strengthened and tightened up.  But rather than pushing the gyne further out, the pecks became more built in my upper chest, reaching a point where the muscle goes out almost as far as the nipples.  The result is that with a t-shirt on I just look strong and toned - the gland further down is no longer what catches the eye.  

And, yes, I most definitely do have actual gyne, albeit mild compared with many out there.  But to me it was horrible.  Well, the gland is still there, same as always, but I've subdued it by balancing the back muscles and building the shoulders and arms, as well as just living healthy, especially not drinking.  After quitting drinking I saw positive results in just two weeks.  

Check out the photostream below for a before and after look.  The pictures at the bottom were taken in December '09 and the ones at the top were taken tonight.  I must say I'm pleased.  Although it still doesn't look perfect to me when I look in the mirror, these pictures certainly seem to prove that for mild cases of gyne, very positive changes are possible without surgery.  Take care y'all.  

flickr.com/photos/63586326@N03/

Offline Violating

• Posting Member
well frankly, for a year and a half of working out I see little to no difference in your how toned your bodys muscles are,
considering that half a year of working out got me benching from 95 to 205 and curling from barely 40 to 90 , although my G did get a bit more noticeable, they look more like pecs than anything now, and well after surgery theyll look much better because of all the muscle I build
but I do see that what was there subsided regarding to G. so good job to you!
now if I were you i'd hit the gym and bulk a bit

Offline gabrielsebastian74

• Posting Member
Hey drle, I can see in the pics you lost weight, and you are more defined as far as body-fat. But 6 months at the gym it has not been. Up your lean calories, And workout to failure try this:
every set when you reach 13 and you reach failure, up the weight until you are reaching failure at any between 6 to 8 reps. between sets.
All workouts reach for 5 sets, reach failure in all of them.
Don't use machines, use dumbbells and barbells, don't feel bad about using them. All the in-shape people are using the free-weights.
You don't graduate to the big muscle makers. You start with the small ones.
Do squats, dead-lifts, lunges. Also focus only on back, shoulders, chest for upper body.
You'll be massive in 3 months.
eat more, lots more. Muscles need food, that's why people with more muscle eat more and don't gain weight.
You cannot diet and gain muscle at the same time.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024