Author Topic: Gyno Or Pseudo-Comastia  (Read 2713 times)

Offline adam9140

• Posting Member
Hi ive had these since i was 13 and i went to the doctors last week and he gave me the same old bs about hormone imbalance and that there is a bit of glandular tissue but its cause by hormones.

what would you say?

thanks for your time.

im 16 by the way, 155 lbs and 6 ft 1.

Offline Raider Fan

• Gold Member
Welcome to gyne.org, Adam.

The pics you posted aren't showing up, but the doctor is correct in what he is telling you.  The reason for gyne IS because of hormone related reasons.  Where a lot of doctors tend to go wrong, however, is when they tell someone with longstanding, obvious gyne that it will magically just "go away" at some point.  The facts are....gyne IS common during puberty and DOES usually go away.  But as we all know on this board, it often does NOT go away.  And when a male's breasts start to take on an actual female appearance, that is likely NOT going away.  

A hard knot under the surface of the nipple can correct itself and go away as your hormones stabilize as you get older, but a breast that has actually developed and taken on a female appearance is something else altogether. This is what many doctors don't seem to understand.  Their medical training teaches them that gyne usually "goes away" as the boy continues to mature, but it doesn't seem to teach them where to draw the line between "common gyne" (that can realistically go away), and "significant gyne" (which is way past the point of going away).  Nothing is more frustrating than a doctor telling a young man with significant gyne to just "give it time" and that it will eventually "go away".  Highly developed breasts aren't just going to "go away," and for a doctor to suggest that they will, or can, is a disservice and simply delaying the needed surgery that the young man requires in order to live a normal life.  

Usually, if gyne has progressed to the point of looking like a female breast and is stable and has existed for 2 or 3 years, time realistically runs out for it to go away on its own.  When it doesn't, surgery is the only option to correct it.  

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024