Author Topic: Surgery with Kardis done - 27th September - Pics added (pre & post)  (Read 9364 times)

Offline ITrecruit

• Posting Member
Hi Guys, Having surgery with Kardis in few weeks, any advice anyone can give? Worth buying any accessories (gels, creames to rub on chest, etc)

In my consultation he felt I had about 80% gland...and their was no way losing it with gym/fat burn/ weight loss....so good to hear that it's nothing i could to get rid of these bad boys. (what i call them)

did anyone notice any sagging in the chest with such high gland?

Just got my op notes back from Beth.

They took the following from me.

1400mls, 56gr of gland from Left, 60g gland from Right.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:04:56 AM by ITrecruit »

Offline FreeManDan

Hiya mate! I'm also new here and got my surgery with Karidis on the 6th of Oct...when are you going in? Was also looking for some pre/post op advice.

Best of luck for your op dude! Hope we both get the results we're after!

Offline ITrecruit

• Posting Member
Hey,

I am going in tomorrow. Nervous like hell.

I have to get full anatesthic, im a big guy he said (6ft 3)

I will try putting some pics up on Wednesday if I can manage it.

I am just thinking, should I trim my chest hair or shave it clean? Any tips guys?

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
I'm 6'2 and 15 stone, so not a small chap and I walked out of there in one piece, so no doubt you will too :)

Get the clippers out on that chest hair for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to have a ton of tape on your chest and you know what plasters and hair is like. Get trimming!

Offline ITrecruit

• Posting Member
Cheers, So just trim (grade 0) my chest hair instead of  shave it clean with razor?

I bought some plasters (waterproof) from boots this morning got some arnica cream for rubbing in the next 3-4 weeks.

anything else you recommend?

Just got a call from the Nurse to confirm my appoitment tomorrow, she mentioned I report in reception of the main hospital not brampton house as i did for my consultation, is this the reception on the left when you walk in the main hospital?

I am just thinking of wearing a short sleeve shirt (with buttons all way down at the front) and pair of jeans, do i need extra pair or shirts or jeans?

going to take a taxi home, i only leave 30mins from the hospital.

Any other advice is greatly appreciated.

Offline d i n x

• Posting Member
Hiya mate! I'm also new here and got my surgery with Karidis on the 6th of Oct...when are you going in? Was also looking for some pre/post op advice.

im also in on the 6th of octorber

Offline FreeManDan

Nice one D I N X! I'm up at 7:30 am so I guess you're after me? What time you going in?

Offline ITrecruit

• Posting Member
How long do you have to actually wait for?

Offline thetodd

Yeah its the reception when you walk in, theyl take you to a diff part of the hospital its not the consultation area though.

Yeah jeans and shirt will be fine, just make sure its not to tight or itl be hard to get on! the nurse will help you. You wont leave the hospital till 5ish from what i remember they have to let let the anesthesia wear off and make sure you can have a waz!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline badger

• Posting Member
How long did you guys have to wait between consultation and the operation?

Offline ITrecruit

• Posting Member
Badger: Mines was about 12 days.

So I am home now, Its around 9.15pm (UK time) got home around 8pm....had my surgery.....got their at 9.30am....but didnt go surgery until 12.30pm.  Not sure why of the delay but was kepy updated, nurse was great, coming in checking blood pressure, etc - lovely big room as we all know...I came out at 2.30/2.45....kept falling in and out of sleep, had lunch about 4pm...slept again and woke around 6pm, left the hospital around 7pm...thank god I am not in much pain, the vest is quite thick so does restrain movement but not in pain, did not have any pain killers when asked....no point buying the waterproof plasters, the nurse gave me loadz, nice guy.

Just got my op notes back from Beth.

They took the following from me.

1400mls, 56gr of gland from Left, 60g gland from Right.

I hope to put some pics up tomorrow and regulary over the next 3-6months when possible.

cheers/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 05:05:34 AM by ITrecruit »

Offline ITrecruit

• Posting Member
Morning guys,

Anyone know how to make JPG photos smaller? took 3 pics from iphone but their too big in size.

So had a decent night sleep, lucky for me i normally sleep on my back and at times on my side, so no discomfort.

Just received a phone call from Beth (Karadis nurse) to see if im Ok.

I just wanted to confirm with you guys, she said once I shower i can take the white thick padding off (which is on top of my vest) and just keep the black compression vest on, is that correct?

will have a shower in about 4-5hours and TRY post some pics.

Offline badger

• Posting Member
Open the photo in MS Paint.

Click on Image in the toolbar, then click Stretch/Skew (or just hold down Ctrl and press W).

In the Stretch Horizontal and Vertical boxes change the 100 to 25 or 50, depending on how big your original photo is, the click OK.

Offline d i n x

• Posting Member

Nice one D I N X! I'm up at 7:30 am so I guess you're after me? What time you going in?

im first in 7:00am

Offline ITrecruit

• Posting Member
Hi Guys,

Here some pre surgery pics and post op.

feeling OK, moving fine, just had a shower and seen the results, flat as a pancake, not much bruising i feel, what do you think?

Overall quite happy!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024