Author Topic: Surgery with Levick 9/11/11  (Read 2558 times)

Offline gruffgrogg

Hi Everyone!

Long time lurker/first time poster here, Had my surgery with Paul Levick at the Priory hospital in Birmingham last Wednesday - and I bsically just wanted to share my experiences & progress on here!

The surgery was like a dream to be honest - I don't think I thought I would go through with it - but I did - and now it feels great!
Got to the hospital at 12.30, paid(!), and was shown to my room. Paul Levick came to see me soon after for a quick chat and then I got changed and ready for surgery - Painless - anesthetist was great - next thing I know I'm being woken up afterwards - Levick came to see me briefly and showed me some pictures of the glands he took out - Back to my room for the night (food and sky tv were great). You're attached to the bed at this point because there are drains coming out from your chest.
Cue next morning - I slept really well! brekfast arrives and Levick does his rounds soonafter - checks the drains & my bandages and is pleased with his work. Nurses arrive at around 10 - 11 am to take the drains out - little bit of pain but nothing too bad!
And then that's basically it! I was on my way back to South Wales on the Train.

Movement is a bit restricted with the straping post Surgery - but it's not too bad, your shoulders are a bit hunched over and you feel a bit rigid for a couple of days.

I didn't tell a soul I was having this done - so it was a bit of a mission keeping my housemtes in the dark, Luckily one works nights and the other was away for the weekend - so I managed to avoid anyone all weekend!

Fast forward to today (6 days post op)- fed up of the dressing so the Bandages came off - this was by far the biggest pain of the whole process! make sure you shave everywhere if you go with Levick! Finally got them off after about 30mins of pain - showered and got into my compression vest.

My gyne was not too bad - I'm a pretty fit guy (25) - The puffy nipples were my main worry. I have next to no bruising or swelling and my chest looks great at the moment! I know it gets worse before it finally settles - but I can tell already that I'm not going to be dissapointed!

I didn't take any before pictures (doh!) But Levick did (I'll try and get him to mail them to me) but here's a pic today (6 days post op)

I'll keep posting updates & am happy to answer any questions you have. If you have any doubts about having surgery - don't have - just do it - the problem will always be there niggling away at your self-confidence - In my experience happiness > money everytime.

Thanks to everyone on the forum for the great advice and accounts of surgery - you were a great help  ;D
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 05:16:43 AM by gruffgrogg »

Offline bomberman

• Bronze Member
is this actually real? if so outstanding result, seems a bit too good to me though, where's the bruising?
Surgery with Dr. Karidis, 16th August 2011: currently recovering  https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=23731.0

Offline Mickydubs

• Bronze Member
is this actually real? if so outstanding result, seems a bit too good to me though, where's the bruising?
Great story ?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024