Author Topic: Surgery booked with Karidis  (Read 3636 times)

Offline linkin

• Posting Member
Hello guys.
I've been lurking on this forum for what seems like an age...in fact it is a very long time, probably about 7 years!
Like many of you on here I have been inspired by the stories of others. This site has been so informative and without it I really don't know if I'd ever have taken the steps to sorting out my condition. It really is amazing how a bunch of guys can be so kind and supportive to each other over an internet forum! You certainly don't see that kind of 'brotherhood' on a footie forum!  ;D
My gyne started when I was about 14/15- it started as a couple of lumps behind my nipples, and after I went to visit my GP with my Dad we were reassured that it would settle down and I would be back to normal in no time. I'm now almost 30 and I'm still stuck with this affliction that I still think about on a daily basis, almost 15 years later.
The main problem I've had is the puffy nipples. This has stopped me from taking off my top, wearing baggy t-shirts etc etc (the usual story). Luckily my pale skin has been a great excuse. I'd say I was leaving my t-shirt on so I wouldn't burn...probably the only good thing about having a pasty complexion! Yes I could rub my puffy nips to contract the muscles, but this only lasted so long (even less time in the heat of the sun). Cold weather worked wonders but you're layered up in the cold so it makes no difference anyway!
As my attempts to rid the gyne in the gym failed, I have become dispondant with working out to get the perfect physique as I think to myself 'what's the point when there's this mass of gland sitting over my pec?' Dieting seems to make the puffiness more noticeable, as does builidng up the pecs.
I have put on a bit of weight (not too much) as I've aged, and this fat build-up has made the breast shape a bit worse, but even if I lost this completely the gland would still remain. I've spent the last 15 years hiding my chest, and being jealous of all of my friends who don't even have to consider their chest, ever!
People have commented throughout the years. A flippant comment by a friend which means nothing to them will play on my mind for days. 'Can people really see it?' 'Are my breasts that noticeable?' I do everything I can to hide it and it still shows.
So....finally I'm in a financial position where I can do something about it. I went to see Dr. Karidis today and the consultation was exactly how I imagined it to be, thanks to the countless reoprts from other guys over the years. Finally I'm booked in for early March and I can't wait to get the surgery out the way and get on with my life!
I have so many nice clothes in my wardrobe that I've never worn (jumpers, shirts, t-shirts) and I can't wait to be able to get my top off like most guys do, without even a thought.
Anyway, that's my story. I intend to keep you guys updated as it's only fair considering the amount of info I've gained from others on here.
Sorry for the massive post....it's been a long time coming!  ;D  

p.s. special thanks to TheTodd, Ad21, Chopper who have posted excellent reports. There have been plenty of guys over the years but these are more recent ones that spring to mind.

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
Welcome to the club no one wants to be in Linkin, looking forward to kicking you and your 15 year old memberbship's ass out of the door in March  :D

You sound just like everyone else here but that's great that you've got a date sorted.

I've just been under the knife last Saturday myself. Feeling sore and hating the vest you have to wear but glad I'm on the road to recovery and already loving the new contour.

Good luck mate, looking forward to reading through your journey  :)

Offline linkin

• Posting Member
Cheers mate. Can't wait to get it sorted. No really looking forward to the op itself but it's got to be done!

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
I was just replying to a chap on PM a minute ago and i'll say what i said to him, "it really is the best money i've spent on myself"
Its a shed load of cash but if you have been consciously trying to avoid it being on display in all the tops and clothes and have dreaded summer and t-shirt weather, then wait until you are gyne free, you will be making up for lost time and you will never want to wear a baggy top again.

You should also start saving for new tshirts / tops about now too as you really won't like your old wardrobe..be warned!! lol

good luck matey

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Linkin, looks like we had our consultations on the same day. I didn't book an appointment, probably something for later in the year.

Good work on taking steps on taking action.

My story is similar to yours, the only difference being I developed mine around 18/19. After reading everyone's posts on here, I'm feeling a little lucky about that as I managed to avoid being teased about it at school - didn't stop my mates giving me hell throughout my twenties though...

Offline thetodd

Glad your getting it sorted, it will be a massive weight off your mind!

Like chopper says its weird not having to think about what tshirt to wear, thinking back I used to have set colours/brands that i knew would hide it. I also remember people moaning about winter and i would be thinking "excellent, i can wear a hoody and a few tshirts now"

You haven't got anything to worry about the op's easy, the recovery is quite a journey but its worth it!
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline linkin

• Posting Member
Hey guys,
Been hitting the gym and cutting down on the crap food & no alcohol since I booked the op. Things are going well so far, I've lost nearly a stone in weight. I want to be in good condition for the procedure as I think Dr. Karidis' results are generally better when it's mainly gland to remove and there is less fat to lipo away...the contour seems more natural.
So only a few weeks to go. I'm getting a little nervous but just can't wait to get it sorted!

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Good luck linkin and likewise i've started to hit the gym hard.  I'm hoping to have surgery in March but all depends on how my consultation goes on the 22nd Feb. 

Some days i feel really nervous and other days i'm excited as hell and start planning the journey in my head ie travelling, trains  and what i will wear in the summer etc. 

Anyway the other day i thought about the cost and remembered that i have private medical care with AXA PPP via my employer.  I might ring them up on Monday to ask if they will pay for surgery even though their terms state in a round about way that cosmetic surgery is not included.  For me this is not a cosmetic procedure.  I'm a bloke with breasts and therefore a medical condition.

Either way i will be going ahead but would much rather get my insurance to pay for it.  Also in terms of work will i need to book a week off or could i take this off as sick leave?  I want to tell my employer i'm having surgery but I dont my records saying anything about gynocamastia.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Dexs,
As far as i know, there are no more available surgery dates for March but late April.
I'd advise you to book as soon as possible.

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Well I have my consultation booked on the 22nd Feb and had my heart set on a March date.  Are you booked in for Surgery zm?  When did you last speak to Karidis's office about surgery dates?

Lets hope there is a cancellation  :-[

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Mine was originally booked for 15th of March but i've swapped with Birmingham for the 3rd of March which is only less that 3 weeks away.

the last i spoke to the office was around 2 weeks ago.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024