Author Topic: Is this forum owned by Dr Karadis?!  (Read 2192 times)

Offline smartlipo123

I posted a review yesterday firstly as thanks to the person that carried out my operation, and secondly because I thought it might be helpful to people here who wanted to know about the procedure.
I see my post has now been removed.

Are people only allowed to dicuss surgery with Karadis or Levick?!

If this post gets removed too then I won't bother, it makes no difference to me now I've been sorted out. But it seems a bit odd.  >:(

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
I read your post and I think they might've seen it as some sort of advertisement infringement. I agree with you though, you're only trying to help.

That's the only thing I can think of, could be wrong though.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
If its owned by Karidis he's doing a pretty piss poor job of helping his patients when they start flapping on here about scar tissue, swelling or whatever lol

He might read the place or his staff might, but i don't think he owns it. I think if you are a doctor and want your name to be banded about the place you need to pay the site owner which i suppose is only fair. Karidis probably pays like the other doctors and if i was a paying doctor i would hope doctors that were no paying didn't get free promotion that i had to pay for. ???

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
If its owned by Karidis he's doing a pretty piss poor job of helping his patients when they start flapping on here about scar tissue, swelling or whatever lol

He might read the place or his staff might, but i don't think he owns it. I think if you are a doctor and want your name to be banded about the place you need to pay the site owner which i suppose is only fair. Karidis probably pays like the other doctors and if i was a paying doctor i would hope doctors that were no paying didn't get free promotion that i had to pay for. ???

I'm pretty sure nobody pays to keep their name spotlighted..

The forum promotes open and free discussion about gynaecomastia, so naturally the popular associated surgeons names will feature more prominently. So long as nothing libellous and slanderous is said, it's allowed.

I'm almost certain his post was deleted for infringing the spam/advert rules.

Offline chopper

• Silver Member
I didn't see the post he wrote mate so was only guessing. I thought i had read about Doctors having to pay to be on here, but i might have the wrong end of the stick  ???

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
I saw your original post and no disrespect, I thought it read like an advertisement. It probably doesn't help that your username is the same as the lipo suction technique you were mentioning. Send Merle or one of the administrators a message to find out.

Karidis knows about the forum, I mentioned it to him and his secretary during my consultation and they knew what I was talking about.

Offline improving

• Silver Member
I think it's owned by an American surgeon, maybe Dr Delgado or something like that. It changed ownership a few months ago, hence the different web design. I would have thought anyone who does gyne surgery has heard of this website.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
The site was originated by Merle Yost who is not a Medical Doctor or Surgeon. He is a Psychologist working in family counseling and a man who had really large breasts himself. The site is now owned by a Surgeon but the overall function of the site has not changed. It remains a forum where information is exchanged whether the information pertains to Surgery or how to cope with the condition of Gynecomastia.

All viewpoints are accepted with few limitations. Promotion of individual Doctors and/or products are not generally allowed. If your post was in praise of a specific surgeon it may have seemed a bit too much like an advertisement. Negative comments are also frequently deleted. This is done in an effort to keep the site a neutral as possible.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024