Author Topic: surgery booked with Dr. Karidis 3rd March, pre-op pics  (Read 21130 times)

Offline zm

• Silver Member
surgery booked with Dr. Karidis 3rd March, pre-op pics
Hi Guys..just thought i'd post some pics i took this morning.

Having had a look at the pics myself, my gyno does seem to be rather severe.  i've not been training for about 3 months which is making the gyno more prominent..i've not trained on purpose due to op and now thinking it was a bad idea.

i'm worried about sagging skin...as you can see areas surrounding my nipples are very puffy and understand that a lot of gland will be taken out. i'm expecting inverted nipples....

Has anyone else had lipo under the arm (axilla)? Am i right in assuming the getting lipo done will bring out the contour line around the chest?

:(

Chest tensed

tensed again

« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 10:34:18 AM by zm »

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
Re: surgery booked with Dr. Karidis 3rd March, pre-op pics
Once the gland is removed, your nips will reduce in size similar to that when there cold, just not "erect". Like they should be. You're a young, healthy guy so your skins elasticity wont have a problem adapting straight away, plus you'll have the vest to aid the skin retraction process. I had possibly more removed than you will and I've not got concave nips or saggy skin at all.

I'm pretty sure he goes in through everyones arm pits for a total of 4 incisions (including nips). He'll take away the excess tissue so yes, your pectoral muscles will begin to dominate the shape of your chest instead of fleshy boobs. This will take a long time though. Don't expect to look great when you first have a peak. At first it looks quite abnormal, very flat and like your pecs arent even there. Mine have only just started to fill out and regain some normality.

I think you should be happy that you have more to take out. Guys with mild gyne must worry that there wont be much difference and in some cases there isn't. These guys wont feel the euphoria of wearing T shirts the way you're going to feel, irrespective of how it looks underneath during the healing process. That alone is enough to be excited, it's p!obably a sufferers main issue with the condition in the first place, it certainly was mine!

Look at it this way, the more there is to remove, the greater the transformation will be  ;)

You're gonna be fine , good luck!

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
Hey mate

I asked about the sagging skin at the consultation and he said that unless you're 50+ and have a very bad case with a lot of fat then there's a slight possibility that you'll experience but even then it's unlikely so you're good. Also you have crazy muscle mass and after the op you'll be excited to hit the gym so I reckon, along with Lipo under armpits, you'll probably have the best looking chest anyones had after this op.

You're only two weeks away man should be proper excited!

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Thanks for the reply bikkembergs. I would do anything to get the contour lines on the side of the chest so i'm hoping the lipo with deal with that.

from what i understand the surgery itself is a breeze. my only concern is that i have 2.5 year old daughter who is stuck on me like glue..where i go, she goes, i go lie in bed, she'll sit on my chest, if i'm lucky or it's usually on my head...im downstairs, she follows and always wants me to carry her on my shoulders and if i refuse, she hangs off my legs......do you have any kids that age and how did you deal with it?

birmingham, i'm excited and nervous at the same time but thinking about the next 6-9 months of recovery and possibly longer daunts me a little..

Offline Bikkembergs

• Bronze Member
I have 2 nieces who currently live with us who like to jump on me etc. I just told them I'm too tired etc and to get off. It wont be long until you have your strength back anyway. And the vest's tightness will probably help in this regard too. I see your concern, but it wont be much of a big deal.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
12 days to go and feeling the nerves and anxiety...

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Zm, good luck with everything on Sat man....I booked my appointment about a week ago and my emotions have been all over the place. I think because of your build you should get a good result. I quizzed Karidis about sagging skin at my consultation and he showed me pics of a guy with pair of proper jugs before/after and there was no sagging, so I think you'll be fine.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
I hoping my results will be realistic...in other words, i know it won't be perfect but anyone improvement on current condition will be brilliant.

I'm hoping i lose the "hang" of my chest and the line at the bottom..

breastman, do you have any pics? also, have you managed to book a date yet? if you haven't i would strong advise that you do as i had my first consultation 2 years ago and it's only recently that i booked my surgery.

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Hey Zm,

I have booked my surgery in for late April. I'll get a diary started with some before pics soon. I need to work out how to upload pics.  I'll be away from these boards for a few days, but looking forward to hearing about your updates next week.

Offline Dracksus

• Posting Member
Good luck today mate!

I'm getting ready to catch the train down to London soon, expected to be in theatre around 12pm, who knows, might even see you! :P

See you on the other side ;)

Offline zm

• Silver Member
You must be at the hospital now. I'm just on my way. Should be there just before 11.30.hope all goes well for you mate. I'll be the guy in the brown leather jacket if you see me.

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Just sitting at reception area. Feeling any bit nervous but not as bad as I had imagined.

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
What time are you due in for surgery?  How was the journey down this morning?

Offline zm

• Silver Member
All done guys. In my room now. Timing was very efficient. A bit sore. Just want to eat. Actually need a wee.will update you guys later.

Offline Birmingham

• Bronze Member
All done guys. In my room now. Timing was very efficient. A bit sore. Just want to eat. Actually need a wee.will update you guys later.

Phone froze bro had to text you with a friends phone. I bet the op was a breeze wasn't it after all that worrying lol.. How does it look?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024