Author Topic: few thoughts/questions  (Read 1974 times)

Offline brooknam10

• Posting Member
ive had this for as long as i can remember, was a fat kid now im 21 lost weight, not skinny but very happy with my size. seems when i get stupid drunk and pass out, which i do a fair bit they seem to grow over night, not sure if it has something wiht that fact that your test. levels dont peak out at night when intoxicated. im starting to feel the only reason why i get stupid drunk is because of gyne. i cant realy complain too mcuh becasue i havnt been to a doctor about my situation yet either. just too embarased and at this point in my life i wouldnt mind being locked in my room untill it goes away.

today they don look to nice, left one is always been bigger than the right one, but now its starting to hang, the right one i could pass off ass pecs on a good day.

do they hold water alot more than other days, today the right one seems to be massive, been like this for 3 days, comes and goes with workouts...

ill post some pics up later, my thoughts out loud

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
um, well see.. in my case, i was a fat kid too.. lost a lot of weight, by age 13 i was anorexically thin.. i think it was around the age 12-13 (the period when i lost all the weight) that my gyne kicked in, hence.. after losing all the weight, i was pretty much stick thin.... with puffy nipples, and a perky chest.. the fact that i was so thin made the gland stick out even more..

well, then from age 13-15 i gained some weight to return to 'normalcy' i wasn't aneroxically thin anymore.. life was normal, gyne wasn't that bad. you couldn't even tell with a shirt on. everythign was normal, girls wanted me, i dated.. then when i was 17, i had put on a little bit of weight (wasn't fat though, just not lean & mean) so i started working out.. lost the unwanted flab from the waistline, by age 18 i had decent-esque pecs except there was still fat around the nipple area.

i continued to work out. by late 18 i had a really nice developed everything, except for chest.. well, the upper chest is cut, got cuts down the middle.. just the nipple area which is still screwed up.. it was then that i found out about this thing called "gyne"..

i always found it wierd that my chest would tighten up and look really great when it was cold.. i mean, it would turn into perfect pecs. and when it was warm, well nipples would get all puffy, upper chest would be still cut up, yet the nipples would appear fat & puffy.

soo, yeah. the weather does affect the appearance. i think its gotta do somethign with the gland.

consider getting surgery. i've read some great things about surgery, and afterall.. it is the only cure for gyne.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Alcohol is highly toxic to both the liver and the testes.

Supression of either liver function or testicular function could have an impact on your Gynecomastia.

To speak beyond that would have me speaking off the top of my head.

It should be sufficient to say that Alcohol is included in most lists of causes of gynecomastia.
Grandpa Dan

Offline c3ntralp3rk

• Silver Member
  • there is hope.
yeah.. but how much do you have to drink to mess up your liver/testes that much that you get gyne by age 21?? assuming that it is purely alcohol induced..

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Each of us is different.  The amount of anything required to produce adverse effects is an individual thing.

Alcohol usually acts as a diuretic, the hang over is partially due to the fact that you are dehydrated.  So fluid retention after a bout of heavy drinking is not too likely.  

With respect to the weather, Cold causes the surface blood vessels (and hence the skin) to contract or tighten, it is as simple as that.  The effect is transient though.

The disparity of size is a normal condition. I'll bet one eye is also larger than the other, ditto the ears etc.

You admit that you have not yet been to a Doctor, which means that your have not yet been diagnosed as having Gynecomastia.  Though the definition is such that you are probably correct.

There is a bit of irony in that Obesity and starvation (as in an anorexic) are both listed as potential causes of gynecomastia though the actual body chemistry is different in each case.

I've had this as long as I can remember too, and my age is 68 years.  It is a family trait, and it would be unusual for me not to have it.  

The time is long overdue for you to see a Doctor.  The best choice would be an Endocrinologist, But depending upon your situation re: medical insurance/ finances etc. you may need to see a General practitioner or family Doctor first.

The general mood of your post seems to be depressed.  While this is common in young men with Gynecomastia, you should seriously work on your self image. We tend to be our own worst critics, and what we really need is to have a good attitude about ourselves.  It takes a real man to put up with having this condition.

Good luck!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024