Author Topic: twilight  (Read 2847 times)

Offline amy123

• Posting Member
Has anybody got a lipo+ excision under twilight/local?

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
I have seen some videos on youtube where this surgery has been performed under twilight.  However these appear all to be in the US.
Almost 2 or 3 years ago i cancelled a consultation with Karidis because i was scared about General Anesthetic.

My surgery is next Thursday with Karidis and all though i have been thinking about it every day and I am scared, I know I have to do this.

I'm just going to take it one day at a time.

Offline blackchevy

• Posting Member
i had general anesthesia, wouldn't have had it any other way. 1 second their telling you to take deep breaths and the next second your waking up in recovery with a tight vest sucking the life out of you. lol.

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
I'm praying that when i go under it feels like a second.  Im so nervous about GA that all i am do is think about it.  I can deal with pain, recovery and everything else.  What I struggle with the is sense of losing control and being put to sleep!!

Offline zm

• Silver Member
Dexs having gone through what you are now, there is absolutely nothing to worry about bro. It's literally blink of an eye

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Thanks zm for your support

I'm a week away and I feel like im climbing the wall.  I need to relax and take one day at a time because I'm getting very nervous.

I'm fully paid up and settled the hospital fees today so no going back.  All trains, hotels etc are also paid.

Just need to get my head around the GA, which I'm sure I will with the help of this forum.

Offline namsoni

• Bronze Member
Thanks zm for your support

I'm a week away and I feel like im climbing the wall.  I need to relax and take one day at a time because I'm getting very nervous.

I'm fully paid up and settled the hospital fees today so no going back.  All trains, hotels etc are also paid.

Just need to get my head around the GA, which I'm sure I will with the help of this forum.

Mate, I doubt you're going to get your head round it, just distract yourself until you go under. I felt the same as you, but I distracted myself so that it didn't stop me from going ahead. Obviously you know the adverse risks associated with GA are very low, but stressing yourself out isn't going to make them any lower. You clearly want the surgery, so on that basis don't engage in thoughts that will prevent that from happening.

Stay positive bro, and good luck - though you won't need it!

Offline zm

• Silver Member
the risks are mainly associated with the elderly.  during my research, i've not come across 1 single incident in young patients and i've been searching high and low...

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Namsoni, zm thank you

You have really put my mind at ease and this is much appreciated

There must b someone on this forum that is booked for the 29th with Karidis also.  Would be good to have some moral support on th day of surgery

I might post something on the boob job forum for women lol

Offline ChestMan

• Silver Member
Dexs, I'm still around a months away but I'm here for you bro. Just don't think about the GA... That's what I'm doing.,.

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Thanks Breastman appreciate all the support

I'm 6 days away from surgery so I might start a new thread this week with pics.  Just need to shave my chest

Offline linkin

• Posting Member
The guys are right, try not to worry about the GA. It is really safe these days, particularly in young guys like us.
Honestly it is like the blink of an eye. I was also quite apprehensive about it but the anaesthetist was great, I didn't feel a thing, and the next thing I knew I was awake and it was all over....it really was fine!  :)

Offline dexs

• Silver Member
Guys,

Thank you all for your support.  This has really helped me sort my head out.  I'm just taking each day as it comes and for now just getting things ready.

Going to pop into boots tomorrow and stock up some waterproof plasters etc.  Everything else is booked and paid for.

I'm going to start a new thread once i've shaved my chest so I can put some pics up.

Thanks

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024