Author Topic: surgery DONE... with pre and post pics :)  (Read 4593 times)

Offline sunny891

• Posting Member
hey guys, firstly i want to thank everyone who has previously posted on this website. all the info has been extremely helpful and i dont think i would have been able to do anything without  all of you.

i hate essays so  here are bullet points:-

- had gyne for years due to meds in childhood

-had consultation with transform a few years back but was unsatisfied with their knowledge on the procedure.

- currently in my last year of uni and therefore last time i can ever be alone therefore thought it was my only time i could have surgery and recover in my privacy without family heads butting in

- had consultation on 6th june with karidis after hearing his popularity here.

- had op 7th june (thats right the next day). honestly, i only went with karidis because he was able to do it so quick.... like i said, im living out for uni till 1st july so i wanted to have the op asap so i could recover in privacy.

- what i think?... honestly too soon to comment. there is significant con-caving on both sides which im not really happy with, but on the bright side, he took out everything. no more moobs at all. im still not depressed with the con-caved chest as i know i just had my op under a week so there is still quite a far way to recovery. so im hoping it will fill up to normal level in the comming weeks either with scar tissue or muscle or something.. lol.

one question i have for the experienced guys, ive noticed that the compression vest is not compressing my upper chest so the top of my chest starts to look puffy which makes my chest look more concave. is this normal? did this happen to you guys? do you think it will go away after a few days when i dont wear the vest anymore? any help would be much appreciated. :)

advice:- try and dont do this on your own. i did. didnt tell a soul about op. its not impossible but i think you will struggle. i did. but hey, i know how it can be, if you dont want to tell anyone, just be prepared and best of luck :). its not really that painful with the drugs to be honest.

i would also recommend buying a long handled back scrub brush for the shower as you wont be able to thoroughly wash your back in the shower after op, and its a pain buying it after op so you might want to invest in one before your op. i think its £10 in thebodyshop.

another advice, but all your groceries and everything beforehand. i never did. i had to go shopping 1 day post op. that wasn't pleasant and i dont advice doing it at all.

also, try to get as many consultation as you can. i never really had time which was my own fault, so thats why i went with karidis, who is known to be experienced and was willing to do the op the next day. if i had time i would have wanted to visit levick as well as his work recently looks really good. but hey, karidis does a pretty awesome job too. like i said the only downfall so far is the concave chest which im hoping will normalise over the coming few weeks.

btw in the pics, the white spots on my chest is acne cream :)

o and he extracted 700 ml of fat in total and 26g of tissue- 13g from each side
« Last Edit: July 06, 2012, 03:49:33 PM by becky »

Offline sunny891

• Posting Member

Offline sunny891

• Posting Member

Offline sunny891

• Posting Member
these pics were taken this morning after my shower... 6 days post op

Offline sunny891

• Posting Member

Offline sunny891

• Posting Member
6 days post op continued..

sorry for the poor quality :)

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Hey man, impressed with the results and wow - next day surgery? Did you just get the blood tests right there and then? I went in for a consultation in mid May, I did my absolute best to try and squeeze into a space within following couple of weeks but I'm having to wait until August.

By the way, I can't see any concaving, I'm sure you have your doubts but from what the pics show, Karidis has done an excellent job :)
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Offline sunny891

• Posting Member
Hey rasputin, thanks for reading.
yh i was amazed at the next day offer too. if it wernt for that i think i may have gone with levick just because there are less incision sites. but its all over now. experiencing the swelling at the moment which isnt really pleasant. im trying to avoid looking at my chest till its all fully healed as i know there are going to be changes.

from what i know there is a date available on the 26th june. i was also offered this. it might be worth asking if you want the op sooner.

and with the concaving, there defo is some. ill try taking more clear pics tomorrow.

have you seen any other surgeons?

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Hey rasputin, thanks for reading.
yh i was amazed at the next day offer too. if it wernt for that i think i may have gone with levick just because there are less incision sites. but its all over now. experiencing the swelling at the moment which isnt really pleasant. im trying to avoid looking at my chest till its all fully healed as i know there are going to be changes.

from what i know there is a date available on the 26th june. i was also offered this. it might be worth asking if you want the op sooner.

and with the concaving, there defo is some. ill try taking more clear pics tomorrow.

have you seen any other surgeons?

Thanks for letting me know buddy; although I didn't mention that I was being a picky bastard and only going for surgery on Saturdays - I think I'm OK with the wait, fairly nervous so the further in the distance the better :D

Offline ashley99

• Posting Member
Kiddha Sunny?!

Results look good although dont stress about it at the moment. Give it a few weeks, its a long process dude. Im just over a month in recovery and taking it day by day. It is important to let your body heal and do the right things during recovery. Eat plenty of pineapple and make sure you do not forget to take your arnica tablets.

I have started gymming again and may of rushed it, im just doing squats and deadlifts now.

Offline sunny891

• Posting Member
Kiddha Sunny?!

Results look good although dont stress about it at the moment. Give it a few weeks, its a long process dude. Im just over a month in recovery and taking it day by day. It is important to let your body heal and do the right things during recovery. Eat plenty of pineapple and make sure you do not forget to take your arnica tablets.

I have started gymming again and may of rushed it, im just doing squats and deadlifts now.

hey. thanks for the comment. hope recovery is going well for you. quick questions, did experience any swelling/ dripping sensation or pinches which last 2 seconds? also when did you take off your waterproof plasters? im 9 days post op today... so im thinking to take them off before the shower tomorrow. thanks

i also saw the pics on your post, are they pre or pst op? i cant see anything wrong with them tbh.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024