Author Topic: Consultation booked with Levick (Surgery booked for 27th sept)  (Read 6838 times)

Offline ollie

• Posting Member
Hey Guys,

So I had surgery in Poland 6 years ago for my gyne but as it was a lipo only operation I was still left with the gland. To be fair I didn't follow it up with the surgeon at the time as I didn't fancy going all the way back to Poland for a second op.

Since then I have got married had a child with the second one on the way in October, I love my wife to buts but have not ever spoken about this condition with her, I think she knows, a couple of weeks ago we were watching embarrassing bodies and there was a guy with Gyne, she looked straight at me and I could feel my self going as red as a lobster but couldn't bring myself to say anything.

So I've booked my consultation for the 30th July, and am hoping to book surgery for the end of August. I'm doing this alone, last time I only told my sister. I realise it will be harder this time, she will be quite heavily pregnant and this means I will end up doing a lot more with my kid.

I will post some pictures at some point.

The other thing as well as the gyne is I have some hard fatty lumps in my armpit (near the top of my moobs) so I'm hoping that the operation will include removing these. I had to go to the breast clinic a few weeks ago for an ultrasound, I don't know if anyone else has been through this but to sit in a waiting room full of women and having them all look at you was not a good experience,

I will keep this thread updated as I go through the process.

Cheers
Ollie
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 02:45:33 PM by ollie »

Offline LondonGuy

• Posting Member
I'm sure everything will go fine mate, sorry to hear about the botched Poland surgery.

You should tell your wife. I mean you know best, but honestly telling my girlfriend was the best thing I ever did with regard to this curse!

Actually, I tried to avoid telling my parents and passed the surgery off as a rib injury that required a compression vest. They found out anyway becuase the clinic sent a post-operation letter. haha, my mum was all like "you got lipo?!" but by that point i was so happy at wearing tight shirts that I didnt give a crap!

keep us posted dude. post some pics too

Offline captain chesty

• Silver Member

alright Ollie

Its understandable not wanting to tell anyone, I can relate. However, maybe go with Londonguy on this one, best to tell your wife? I don't know, not telling you what to do, just my opinion.

If your trying to keep it a secret you should consider that it will be obvious to anyone close to you that something is 'up'. The bandages Levick gives you to wear for a week after the op have you locked in a really hunched, unnatural position and are really thick, so much so they show through clothing. Obviously you have little mobility and just feel like lying down for a few days, that was my experience anyway. Have you got an excuse, or are you planning to stay away for a couple of days?   

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member

You should tell your wife. I mean you know best, but honestly telling my girlfriend was the best thing I ever did with regard to this curse!

^ This.

It took me 4 years and 6 months to tell my girlfriend I wasn't happy. It was probably the most difficult few words I've ever tried to say and it was a struggle - I am so glad I did, the support has been amazing and she's now coming with me to surgery and staying in the hotel after (getting takeaway etc, going to be awesome! :D)

I really advise you speak with your wife. Not only will it make you feel a lot better but more importantly it will make her feel better. While we (those with gyne) all understand how hard it is to say, a long term partner won't and will almost certainly feel deceived (rightly or wrongly).

Keep us posted dude.
My Trip Report (Preop & Postop pics).

Offline kingboob

Dude, tell your Mrs!  She will understand and it will be a huge weight off your shoulders... you have nothing to feel embarrassed/ashamed about.   

Personally I would also suggest you discuss the timing of the surgery with her before booking it, as she may prefer you had it done after the baby arrives?

If you ask him about the 'fatty lumps' / side-moob area then  I'm sure he will remove them if he can.

Offline ollie

• Posting Member
Hi Guys,

Thanks for you responses, I have decided I will tell the Mrs and I'm planning to do it tomorrow night when we go out for dinner. Just trying to figure out how I bring it up, normally I try and make a joke out of things when I'm embarrassed so might start with 'I think I have bigger breasts than you'

So had my consultation today with Paul Levick, he seems like quite a cool guy. Has anyone else had the story of the Pakistani guy who he did surgery on getting hauled off a train by armed police because they though his vest was a bomb :D

So everything went well, he said that the lumps in my armpit are they tail from the gyne so that will come out as well. I have booked in for Surgery on 28th August which I'm sure will come round in no time.

I've taken some pictures but they didn't come out that well, will take some more this afternoon and post them up later on.

Thanks again for your messages, it's good to know we are all in the same boat.

Cheers
Ollie

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Awesome man, let us know how it goes. Just don't do what I did and hesitate so much that she thinks you've cheated on her and / or contracted an STI.

Keep us posted on your surgery mate, I booked mine 2 months ago and that time is almost up!! It goes faaaaassttt :)

Offline ollie

• Posting Member
Guys,

Just wanted to Thank you all for you comments, I plucked up the courage last night to tell the mrs, I was so embarrassed that I pulled my post up on here and gave her the folder I got from the consultation. I then ran out of the room like a whimp and went outside, I told her to read both and then to come and get me.

Well she was very supportive, asked if I wanted her to pay towards the surgery and then said she would come with me. I said I didn't think her coming with me was a good idea, son to look after etc. which she understood and will instead collect me from the train station. It is such a relief  to get that off my chest,4 weeks today and I will get the other thing off my chest too.

Have posted some pics below. I'm going to go up the night before surgery and stay in a hotel, any recommendations?

Cheers
Ollie

Offline rasputin

• Silver Member
Great job man, if it makes you feel better, I sobbed infront of my gf for the first time in nearly 5 years when I told her. Does feel so good and now it's just 10 days for me and I'll be all sorted.

Sorry I can't advise on Levick hotels, you might want to ring his PA / patient coordinator and find out if there is anywhere nearby that discounts for hospital visits.

Offline ollie

• Posting Member
Hey Guys,

Quick question. I've had a chest infection and been on Antibiotics since Tuesday, it seems to be clearing up now. Do you think this will be an issue for surgery on Wednesday?

Have tried to call Levicks PA but no answer.

Cheers
Ollie

Offline covfefe

• Posting Member
You've got 4 days, I'm pretty sure you'll be fine - send them an email sometimes they're quicker at replying to emails that phonecalls,
I know Mr Levick is in Essex today as he discharged me this morning before he went :)

Offline ollie

• Posting Member
my own stupid fault, didn't bother chasing Levick's wife last week as felt loads better by the weekend. Went in this morning at 8am, Levick came in and it was all fine, got ready for surgery, the anaesthetist then came in and checked me over, he said my chest sounded fine but they like to wait a couple of weeks after finishing the antibiotics before operating.

So I am now back at home after spending quite a bit on train fare and hotel last night. lesson learnt. Now just need to re-book for a couple of weeks time.

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
Hi Ollie, Paul mentioned someone had had to go home due to this problem when he chatted to me pre-op. I knew instantly it was you so felt gutted for you. Hope you get it re-booked in no time.

Offline ollie

• Posting Member
Hi All,

So a month after my original date im back in tomorrow with Levick.

im sat in the hotel at the moment and i feel a lot more relaxed than last time, probably as i know what to expect.

booked in at 8am so will have a nice walk down in the morning as long as the weather holds out. i see that wingman is also in tomorrow so will be good to recover togeer.

cheers
Ollie

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Hey Ollie,

I am also in at 8am tomorrow morning. We may well cross paths at some point! Best of luck for tomorrow and your recovery.

That's four people we know of on the forum all having surgery tomorrow. Two Levick, two Karidis.

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024