Author Topic: please.somebody help me  (Read 2442 times)

Offline asr260284

• Posting Member
Attached is a picture of my man boobs that have seriously and metally affected me all my life. Ive never been swimming, wear baggy clothes, hunch forward naturally now when i walk, and it has cost me so many relationships through not being able to be intimate with a partner, im 28 now and really want to change. My docs have seen them, taken a blood sample and reckon i had nothing wrong apart from needing to lose weight, what do you guys think?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are large and droopy and appear that you may have already lost some weight  If you lose more weight, it may even droop additionally.

Surgery for you cannot be the routine type of operation.  Rather, it would involve removing excess tissue and skin and re-positioning the nipples to a more normal location.  This is a major operation -- with concomitant scars -- but it should provide you with a trim and taut chest.

Suggest you research plastic surgeons who are skilled in this type of major surgery.

Good luck.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline asr260284

• Posting Member
Thank you for your reply. Couple of questions, is this actually gynecomastia? If it isn't then what is it? And why has the fat gone to my chest in that way? If I carry on losing more weight is there nothing I can do to get rid of them? Exercise? Weights? I wouldnt even know where to begin in looking for a surgeon, and the cost.

Regards

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
is this actually gynecomastia?

Yes, no question it is gynecomastia, which is usually defined as any excess tissue on a male chest.

And why has the fat gone to my chest in that way

Why does the fat go to the chest (and usually the abdomen and love handles)?  Speak to the Big Guy (or Gal?)-- all I know is that fat usually deposits in those areas.

If I carry on losing more weight is there nothing I can do to get rid of them? Exercise? Weights?

Exercise and losing more weight would be great for your general well being -- but it absolutely will not improve what you have -- sorry.

I wouldnt even know where to begin in looking for a surgeon, and the cost.

Stay on this forum -- and post some inquiries for surgeons in your area.

Dr Jacobs

Offline asr260284

• Posting Member
I really need some more help on this. Really struggling to come to terms with it, they are having such a negative effect on my life. The thought and cost of surgery scares me and to be honest I just feel like i can't take much more of this.

Offline NO83

• Posting Member
Unfortunately the only thing you can do is surgery.  Yes it can be scary to think about, but I assure you, if you can afford it, surgery is a breeze.  The anxiety before surgery was 100x worse than the actual surgery itself, at least that was my experience.  I went into the surgery room, laid down, and before I know it I was in the recovery room feeling like I just had a good nap.  The pain through the whole healing process was a 3-4 out of 10 at it's worst.  The hardest part about the whole thing is the emotions you go through before and after surgery, because healing takes a long time.  You have up and down days, but the key is patience, having faith in your Dr, and keeping a positive attitude. 

Offline gyne_22

• Posting Member
I HAVE THE SAME SITUATION MY FRIEND. I JUST HAD A CONSULTATION WITH DR. WILLIAM J SEARE AND HE QUOTED ME $9,900. I KNOW THATS A LOT BUT HES A REALLY GOOD DOCTOR AND HE CAN HELP YOU WITH FINANCIAL PLANS. I LIVE IN SAN DIEGO BTW. READING THIS POST, I WAS JUST LIKE YOU. NAIVE WITH MY GYNECOMASTIA AND ALL THE MEDICAL AND HEALTH AFFECTS IT INVOLVES. I DID MY READING AND NOW I KNOW WHAT I HAVE AND THE ONLY WAY TO GET RID OF IT IS SURGERY. I WAS APPALLED W THE PRICE BUT HEY, I HAVE A SEVERE CONDITION AND THATS THE ONLY WAY. THE SURGERY WOULD TAKE ABOUT 7-8 HOURS AS WELL. IM ONLY 23 Y/O AND WE WE'RE STILL YOUNG SO IF YOU REALLY ARE UNHAPPY AND WANT TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, DO SURGERY. IF YOU DONT HAVE THE MONEY, GET A LOAN ETC. HAVING GYNECOMASTIA BRINGS SO MANY OBSTACLES AND MORE OBSTACLES FROM THAT OBSTACLE SO GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING. AND IF YOU HAVE A PLAN, JUST TRY AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL HELP YOU TO YOUR PATH TO BEING NORMAL.

Monkey83

Have you gone to the doctor and told them it is causing you physical pain? I read somewhere that Blue Cross health insurance will cover it if it is deemed medically necessary, and I read that on an American webpage. I don't know about removing the extra tissue and repositioning the nipple, but it would be worth investigating. Their health insurance is actually relatively inexpensive. We are all in this together man. I will try and find the link to where I read that.

Monkey83

I was unable to the post the link here so I sent you a PM. Good luck sir.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
I really need some more help on this. Really struggling to come to terms with it, they are having such a negative effect on my life. The thought and cost of surgery scares me and to be honest I just feel like i can't take much more of this.

You've received a number of very good suggestions on this thread. You've reached out for help here and you've received it.  Now it's your turn.  Search for a plastic surgeon in your area who performs gynecomastia surgery and schedule a consultation.  This website is a great place for that search.  You can also go to plasticsurgerydotorg and find a surgeon through that site.
Schedule a consultation and let us all know in this thread that you've done it.

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024