Author Topic: 1 year post-op results.. not satisfied at all!  (Read 4075 times)

Offline Raboze

• Bronze Member
Here I am, a year after my lipo-only surgery.

I feel like there's no difference at all.
My surgeon, who made me believe that according to his experience lipo-only would give me great results, completely screwed me over.

Now the only reason why I decided to go with the lipo-only procedure is simply because my surgeon convinced me that this procedure would be best for my case and that I'd be more than happy with the results. He told me that it should give me an overall breast reduction of about 80% to 85%.

Here are my pre-op pictures:

Here are my post-op pictures:

As you guys can clearly see, this is not a 80% to 85% loss.
When I went for my 1 year post-op consultation, the surgeon told me that he was sorry if it was his fault that I chose the lipo procedure and that I can blame whatever I want on him.

His solution? Pay an extra 3200$ for a semi areolar incision to remove the actual glands I have.

I plan to sue him very soon, as I don't think this is normal. All I can resume from this is that I came to his office with a gynecomastia problem, and here I am 1 year later with the same problem.

Thanks for reading and for giving your inputs on this. Sorry in advance for my bad English as it is not my first language.

For those who are curious, his name is Dr. Arie Benchetrit in Montreal.

Offline Raboze

• Bronze Member
There are also 2 things I must add.

1) I did not lose or gain any weight since surgery.
2) It was freezing cold in the surgeon's office, which explains why the nipples on the post-op pics are shrinked. Normally, they are almost similar to the pre-op pictures.

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
Sorry to hear about that man, it's quite a shitty feeling feeling like you've been duped. Before legal action, have you tried convincing him to do it for free? If not, this wonderful world wide web we collectively participate in enables us to completely defame and annihilate those professionals who screw us over. Create a website in his honour? Ratemd, google, etc ..That would be fun! Or a safer alternative, report him to the board. Would that work in cases like this? I wonder what the ramifications of this would be if you ended up choosing him as your surgeon. (I wouldn't)

If you're in Canada still, head over to Lista or Fielding in TO. They would be about the same price and would give you a way better outcome than your previous surgeon.

Whatever avenue you choose, good luck!!

Offline siphon

• Silver Member
Note, I read your previous thread and progress so I hope it doesn't looks like I'm assuming too much.

Offline Raboze

• Bronze Member
Sorry to hear about that man, it's quite a shitty feeling feeling like you've been duped. Before legal action, have you tried convincing him to do it for free? If not, this wonderful world wide web we collectively participate in enables us to completely defame and annihilate those professionals who screw us over. Create a website in his honour? Ratemd, google, etc ..That would be fun! Or a safer alternative, report him to the board. Would that work in cases like this? I wonder what the ramifications of this would be if you ended up choosing him as your surgeon. (I wouldn't)

If you're in Canada still, head over to Lista or Fielding in TO. They would be about the same price and would give you a way better outcome than your previous surgeon.

Whatever avenue you choose, good luck!!

The thing with my surgeon is that I do not trust him any more. He made me expect great results by feeding me his bullshit -- the worse is that he denies everything when I tell him that I chose lipo-only because he made me believe it would be good for me.

Even if he offers a free revision, I would not accept it.
I am going my best to get my money back -- and I think I have a good chance to win this -- in order to get a revision done with someone a lot more competent.

Offline TigerPaws

Raboze please understand that I am not picking on you or denigrating your condition/experience.

This is one of many examples of what I have been trying to say, surgery; any kind of surgery carries very real risks. If you need a surgery to save your life or to relieve a chronic condition which reduces the quality of life (such as a hip replacement) then I wish you a successful procedure and a speedy recovery.

That said gynecomastia will not kill you, nor will it hurt you, the "issue" with having breasts is all in your head and nowhere else. There is no reason to have vanity surgery to "hopefully" improve your lot in life. You are taking a very real risk of ruining your life or even worse.

Lipo is "considered" a minor procedure verses a bilateral mastectomy and yet we see in Raboze's experience what can and all too often happens.

Is it "worth" the risk?

Offline april24th2007

• Gold Member
a surgeon on here should comment.. i'm curious to as what your solution would be.. skin excision or gland removal. or both.

Offline Raboze

• Bronze Member
Raboze please understand that I am not picking on you or denigrating your condition/experience.

This is one of many examples of what I have been trying to say, surgery; any kind of surgery carries very real risks. If you need a surgery to save your life or to relieve a chronic condition which reduces the quality of life (such as a hip replacement) then I wish you a successful procedure and a speedy recovery.

That said gynecomastia will not kill you, nor will it hurt you, the "issue" with having breasts is all in your head and nowhere else. There is no reason to have vanity surgery to "hopefully" improve your lot in life. You are taking a very real risk of ruining your life or even worse.

Lipo is "considered" a minor procedure verses a bilateral mastectomy and yet we see in Raboze's experience what can and all too often happens.

Is it "worth" the risk?

Well to answer your question shortly, yes. After all, this forum is for people suffering from gynecomastia.

I think the reason why people, including myself, fail to get the surgery right the first time is because of the lack of research about the subject.

We can't go back in time or else it would be so much easier :D

To get back on topic, I have now sent a formal notice letter to my surgeon and I am waiting for a reply. Hopefully things will get resolved amicably.

Offline TigerPaws

Again not to minimize you plight "Hope is all you have left when all else is lost"

All success in your efforts. Perhaps you will obtain the results you desire.

Offline Hi_Top_Guy

• Silver Member
Is it "worth" the risk?

I guess that would depend on the person, TigerPaw. Even though in most cases gynecomastia isn't a life threatening issue, the emotional trauma that comes with it can cause a person not to enjoy life at all.

But you are right about all surgeries carrying risk.

In Raboze's case, I think the doctor misguided him and if he had done the proper procedure in the first place we wouldn't be discussing this now.

Raboze, keep us posted on the outcome and what happens next. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
In an attempt tto be fair, I went to the Doctors site.

He has all the right credentials, but there is one thing that bothers me. His list of specialties is simply too long. He claims to specialize in 28 different things. That would scare me off.

When I was in a position to hire, No one ever got past me if they claimed to be able to multi-task. I viewed multi-tasking as doing several jobs simultaneously and giving none of them your full attention. Thus everything you did do was shoddy work. Better to do one job at a time and do it well.

When a person narrows their focus, They have truly specialized and the standard of their work is ever higher.

Only an opinion from an old man, of course.
Grandpa Dan

Offline HellandBack

• Bronze Member
Agree with Paa Paaws wisdom..if i ever am to get surgery i want the surgeon more based around this type of surgery like the docs on this site are.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024