Author Topic: Unilateral Gyne pic  (Read 2149 times)

Offline IN2DEEP

• Posting Member
Hi all, I'm glad I found this forum, I once tought that I was alone with this problem! Like you all, I'm sick to hide my gyne since 10 years now (I'm 27). I'm looking into getting the operation next month. Almost everything here is about gynecomastia on both sides, can I have some input on my unilateral gyne? Is it harder to get it to match the other side? Stupid question, is it cheaper lol? My nipple is at least two times bigger than the other on, will it shrink to normal size?

Ho and by the way, this forum is about gynecomastia and not about ''I wanna be perfect'' guys thinking like Paris Hilton. When I see people like him post up his ''problem'', I feel like titslapping him in the face with my right breast:
www.gynecomastia.org/smf/4/would-you-get-gynecomastia-surgery-if-you-were-me-26128/

Thanks !

hammer

You definitely are unbalanced!

I wish you the best of luck with your surgery when you do get it! I would have no idea if it will save you any money being only on one side, I have lost half of my teeth due to diabetes but they still charge me full price for cleaning!

Bob aka Hammer

Offline codemiester2006

• Posting Member
glad you have figured out a way to get the surgery. I want it too.. i got bilateral so I got double the problem but I could imagine having unilateral is exponentially more problematic. none the less even tho I got double the problem I surely know half the pain  ??? think that came out the way I wanted...lol
good luck with your surgery I would not know about the price but there are surgeons... maybe they will speak up for you.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
In2Deep,

Unilateral gynecomastia is not as common as bilateral, obviously, and it does pose a challenge.  The surgeon has to do his/her best to match the opposite side.  There are many more instances where there's gyne on both sides, but it's much worse on one side than the other.  But occasionally we see patients like you who need no work on one side.  Below is a link to a patient with a unilateral condition.  The link is actually to this forum - to a post I made awhile back on the Patient Galleries page.  It's easy to find if this link doesn't work - it's  entitled "41 year old man with unilat. gyne after steroid use", on Page 2 of the Patient Galleries. And I didn't charge this man the full price. ;)
Good luck-

Dr. Pope, MD

dubyadubyadubya.gynecomastia.org/smf/31/dr-pope-41-year-old-man-with-unilateral-(left)-gynecomastia-after-steroid-use/
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024