Author Topic: Compression vest size  (Read 3495 times)

Offline pauldrayton

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,

I was just after some advice on what size compression vest to buy.  I am looking at the Macom and have noticed some people saying they bought a size smaller than the size chart states.  Is that the right advice or is it possible it could be too tight?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
I asked a family member to measure my chest, and then we made an educated guess as to what that chest size might be without the gynecomastia. As mine was a mild case, I didn't take much off. This is far from scientific.

Measuring above the gynecomastia is a good start.

I don't recommend "just" buying the size smaller, at all. MaCom were spot on for me.

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline adamj

• Silver Member
I'm a fairly big guy and I got size small's given to me at the hospital. I'm 6'2 and weigh 12 stone, medium build. I usually take medium or large tees.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
I'm 6'0" Weigh around 14 stone at the minute.  They gave me medium. Feels right I guess.

Offline pauldrayton

• Posting Member
Thanks for the advice everyone.

Adam & Nipper are yours Macom vests?

Offline adamj

• Silver Member
Yeh, Macom. Guess Nipper's got Macom too, that's what Karadis's practice give to us. Have you got surgery booked?

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
Yes I have the full length Macom ones.

Offline Ricardo7

• Silver Member
This is something i've wondered about too - your chest size may differ greatly pre and post op depending on how bad your condition is.

I'm unsure... I'll measure my chest and make a decision from there. Just dont want the vest being too loose around the chest.

Offline Nipper

• Gold Member
I never really had to think about it, just woke up and it was on me.  I'm sure you could ask the surgery? It's your most important tool post op, so you have to get it right mate.

Offline pauldrayton

• Posting Member
I've noticed one on ebay which is currently just 99p.

Used but I suppose if it's machine washable that shouldn't be a problem.

Offline Stem

• Bronze Member
I measured my chest just above the gyno and used that measurement against the sizes on macom's website. I was 42" and ordered large. Even though the gyno goes meaning less chest size, I found that was made up for in the swelling post op for some time.

I didn't want anything too tight so it was restrictive. The pressure needs to be on the nipples and I was advised that if the vest started feeling less tight than you think it should, then you just need to pad the nipple area (sock/kitchen roll/tshirt under vest).

Re: buying used - mine seemed to go back to their normal size and shape after a wash. You might wanna check it was only washed at a max of 30 degree's as more than that may stretch/mis-shape the vest.

Offline pauldrayton

• Posting Member
Thanks a lot stem, I've just sent the seller a question via ebay to make sure it has been washed at the correct temperatures.

Much appreciated.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024