Author Topic: BBC 'Man Boob' article  (Read 2296 times)

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Oh, diet and exercise why didn't I think of that before handing over 5k. Always nice to get a medical opinion from the untrained average Joe lol.

It is interesting to see the trend in this surgery. I'd rather think more of it becoming more recognised and accepted then as a weight maintenance procedure for the masses.

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
I think the article is quite good if I'm honest. It could potentially make someone aware that maybe their moobs are not just down to laziness.

I have to say though, I can't quite get my head round seeing people undergoing the surgery when they are very overweight. I think if you wan't to be getting good results, you need to go into surgery in the best shape you possibly can. The 'i don't exercise because there is no point with gyno' doesn't wash with me. The health benefits alone make it worth it.

Offline trashed

• Posting Member
Do you think that guy got paid for that interview? If not then a big thank you goes to him for raising awareness.Its also great to see someone from Gosh give his opinion because I keep thinking that because its so hard to get it corrected on the NHS I don't need it doing.

Offline improving

• Silver Member
Not a bad article. The author is right, there is a lot of ignorance when it comes to the subject of gynecomastia.

If you go on many bodybuilding or health and fitness forums, most people suggest lowering bodyfat will get rid of them. Which is of course false, no amount of sweat in the gym will remove those glands as we all know.

There is an awful lot of false information floating about the internet about gynecomastia. Even my GP didn't know what he was talking about when I went to ask if I had gynecomastia.

I've read about men taking various hormone tablets along with other things to make them go away for example. It's for this reason i'm so thankful i found this website with correct information and actual doctors posting.

Offline tpuk

• Silver Member
The article is OK ish.

Better than the other rubbish I read on the BBC somewhere.

Those guys at the gym just dont realise you can get gyne even if you do look after yourself (as many on these forums seem to do).

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024