Author Topic: Starting the surgery process  (Read 1532 times)

Offline status

Hi Guys,

So I finally decided to start the process of surgery with my Gynecomastia issue which I have had since 14 and never seemed to go away, I am now in my early 20's. Having been to the NHS and being diagnosed with it officially I wanted to go down the private route simply because of everything written online about NHS op's and for the amount of time they take to actually get the ball rolling.

I have my first consultation at Transform tomorrow, not read the best things online since booking the appointment on Friday however I am going to go to suss it out myself. I also have appointments with MYA and Dr. Karidis this week.

If anyone has any other companies/surgeons who they recommend in the London area it would be greatly appreciated.

Offline status

Consultation day complete, MYA is a total rule out. Did not like how they tried to pull my leg with a fee of £6000 and then instantly drop down £2000 once questioning and answering on her toes. Did not seem to know too much about the procedure either which was off putting.

On the other hand, shockingly as I haven't read the best things about Transform on the forums they were amazing! The patient care person knew what she was talking about, was honest and very informative and was able to answer the most complex questions I could think of. I have an appointment with the surgeon at the end of the week!

Offline thetodd

Transform are just a third party, the popular UK surgeons tend to work off their own back. There was documentary about Transform a few years ago and the staff in patient care are just sales people with a script to recite.

There probably are good surgeons working under Transform, but you are just commission to them.
Surgery With Alex Karidis - 16/05/09 - Completed!
http://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=17738.0

Offline status

@thetodd, I have just been googleing through the surgeons I am supposed to be seeing at the end of the week and have just sent cancellation emails to each. Pretty much no reviews for this surgery and for other surgeries not the best reviews.

Going to call Karidis's practice tomorrow and see if they have any closer appointment times than originally quoted.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024