Author Topic: yesterdays surgery...  (Read 12900 times)

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
hi all,

well it all went pretty smoothly really ,been home a few hours now and im obviously still pretty sore.

arrived at bmi a bit early 11.20 but it didnt matter as i just got to pay the bill and get to my room by 11.45, they then do a few tests pulse ,blood pressure ,urine sample etc, then had to hang around for awhile in the gowns that they give you .
levick came to see me about 1pm and we had a quick chat ,he said he'd be back in about an hour as he had to go and quick single boob job on some woman ! the anaesthetist then came for a word and to put my mind a rest as i was a bit nervous by this stage . then spent the next hour and a half watching the cricket .then was collected by 3 nuses at about 2.30  we walked to the theatre were levick took some pics and drew some lines on me  ,by this stage my heart was going like the clappers as i didnt expect to wake up again!next thing is the cold feeling in the arm and then nothing.

woke up in the recovery room about 4pm this was about the only time i felt any reel pain ,but they soon give you some strong pain killers and 20-30 mins later they wheel you back to the room.

i had 2 drains in overnight because i was bleeding a lot especially on the right side. got a visit from the anaesthetist a while later to see how i was doing ,then levick popped in to tell me it had all gone well and that he'd removed 250cc of fat from each side and 70 cc's of gland from the left and 80cc's from the right ,which he said was about an A cup,blimey!

spent the rest of the night watching the cricket (what a great game)had me dinner which was ok,made a few phone calls.

made apoint of drinking lots of tea and water so that i could pee ,big problem as my body just will not pee lying down ,managed to sit on the edge of the bed about 5am yet still only a dribble at 7am i just manged to stand up enough  without ripping out the drains what followed can only be described as a veritable torrent of urine!  aahhhhh!

levick popped by about 9am to see if the drains head stopped (they had) also the anaesthetist came in again(nice bloke)

they removed the drains about 10 am this wasnt as painful as i thought it was going to be .

and that was about it , they gave me a weeks supply of antibiotics and i got picked up abot 11am .
they didnt give me any painkillers just told me to use paracetemol and ibuprofen .

thats about all i can think of for now as im still a bit tired.

but overall i enjoyed it ,nurses were great, food was average and the rooms were pretty good .

oh and by the way the chest is a flat as a fooking pancake ,even with the big bandage on, hoorah!!

i'l post some pics when i get the bandage off.

cheers

paul..

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Congratulations, Im glad it all went well   :D.

One question, I will be travelling down alone and travelling home alone.  Did you feel ok enough when you left the hospital or did you find you really needed someone to pick you up.  Im trying to judge if i should stay an extra night myself or just try travelling home the day i get out.

Thanks
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Merv_UK

• Posting Member
Congrats Paul,

Reading your post made me simultaneously excited and nervous. 12 days to go.

Merv.

Offline AJP

• Silver Member
Well done mate, glad it's going well for you. It's all good from here! Not long for me now.

Hope you heal quickly and you get the result you wanted.

All the best,

Drew.
Another happy Levick Lad.

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
hi ,

quick update .

things are going ok im not in too much pain , im finding sleeping on my back all the time a bit of a problem , the sticky bandage is a really uncomfortable but its bearable .

ive noticed a bit of a ridge of flesh/fat at the top of the bandage which i hope will even out when it comes off.

rrb,personnally  i think you'd be ok travelling ,so long as someone could carry your bag to the taxi /trains etc.
i could still lift my bag onto the bed when i was packing my stuff up, wouldnt want to carry it too far though !

shave your armpits without a doubt .i shaved my chest aswell which i think will also help when this bandage comes off.

paul

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
How is the progress?  How are you sleeping?

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
hi ,

chorlton glad to read your surgery went ok.
well ive been staying at my mums for a few days and i just driven for the first time since the op and it was ok apart from the occasionnal twinge .

most of the soreness has gone now , i just feel really restricted by this sticky bandage , i cant wait for wednesday when this thing comes off (though i know its gonna be carnage under there)

ive still got this ridge of swelling above the bandage by my armpit which looks a bit nasty , but hopefully will go when i get the more even compression from the vest .

im not sleeping all that good ,im getting 5-6 hours of broken sleep  a night which isnt to bad i suppose.

and how strange is it to look down and not see "them "poking through my shirt!

i already brought a few t-shirts from h+m which are usually way too tight for me to even consider wearing,i cant wait to try these on (though i dont think im ready yet)

im also gonna go and buy myself an england and a liverpool shirt, these have always been a definate no no for me! in fact the last lfc shirt i wore was sponsored by hitachi !! (circa 1978!)

more later

paul.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Oh my god, you go and spend all that money on making your body look good and then you want to deface it with a Liverpool top ?????  ;)

Only kidding

Offline Ste

• Posting Member
Congratulations and well done Paul.

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
hi ,

ive still got this ridge of swelling above the bandage by my armpit which looks a bit nasty , but hopefully will go when i get the more even compression from the vest .

im not sleeping all that good ,im getting 5-6 hours of broken sleep  a night which isnt to bad i suppose.

Bleeding Heck, I have a ridge of swelling above the bandage by my arm pit.  I thought it was just me and that it would be stuck like that forever but it must be the norm - thank good.

Sleep wise I have done ok last night.  used a pile of pillows to form a slight incline.  slept like a baby.  give it a try.

All the best mate.

Chorlton

Offline Merv_UK

• Posting Member
Paul,

"im also gonna go and buy myself an england and a liverpool shirt".

Am getting a Northern Ireland top which will be getting its first outing at Old Trafford for the England Match on 25th March: 5 weeks post op.

C'mon Our Wee Country!

Merv.

Offline uk_bloke

• Bronze Member
    • my pictures
hi

6 days post op now ,and i've got to say that most of the soreness has gone now ,just a bit tender in places , mostly around the armpits,which are a mustardy yellow colour now.  im amazed because i thought i'd be in pain for much longer than this.
paul told me to take off the bandage on weds morning so tonight at 12.01 am is when it'll be coming off ,i cant wait any longer !

rrb,i think i read somewhere that wearing the football shirt of either liverpool or england can aid recovery from this kind of surgery !also seem to remember the same article saying that wearing manchester utd and especially scotland shirts can be detrimental to your recovery!!!!!

cheers, paul..

Offline AJP

• Silver Member

rrb,i think i read somewhere that wearing the football shirt of either liverpool or england can aid recovery from this kind of surgery !also seem to remember the same article saying that wearing manchester utd and especially scotland shirts can be detrimental to your recovery!!!!!

;D ;D ;D

Good to see we can take the p*ss out of those glory-hunting Man U fans! Come on you Scousers!!! ;)

Hope it's all going well anyway mate.

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
He told me I could take my off on Wednesday to.  I went in a day after you.  Oh well I am going to take it off any way tomorrow.  i can't ficking wait.  I can see signs of bruising under round the edges of the bandages.  So much for arnica!

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
hi

cheers, paul..

How did you know i was a Man U supporter ?  ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024