Author Topic: nipple Creases - Is this fixable or final result?  (Read 2589 times)

Offline cpop

These pics are 8 months post op.  As you can notice there are creases going across both areolae, one even across the nipple making it unnoticeable.  I have not been able to comfortably take my shirt off publicly because it obviously looks like I've had work done.

What will fix this... time, lifting or a further procedure?

hammer

Sorry, it looks like you've been deflated!

Have you talked to your surgeon? I do believe that is repairable, but I think you will need some revision surgery!

Offline cpop

They said to give it at least a years time to see if results change at all if not a revision mentioned was making an incision below the aerola, pulling it slightly down to stretch out the crease and stitching it. Not sure if there are any other procedural fixes available?

hammer

Give it time and maybe one of our fine doctors will chime in and shed some wisdom on this!

Bob

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
A crease such as yours will most likely not improve over time -- sorry.

It is probably due to some scar tethering the areolar tissue down to the tissues beneath -- and most likely there is some deficiency of tissue which is allowing this to occur.  You might think of it as a narrow, horizontal crater deformity.

You would require revision surgery to fix this -- and it would involve fixing the irregular tissues underneath rather than trying to stretch the areolar skin.  If you stretch the areolar skin only, it might heal down again and you have have the same crease.

Just my humble opinion.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline cpop

Dr. Jacobs I appreciate you taking the time to respond.  Hearing this news is certainly disheartening considering the hopes I had for this surgery and in essence being right where I started in not being able to take my shirt off.   Is there a name for the type of revision surgery you mentioned to possibly fix this or somewhere further I could research it and what it would entail?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Sorry but what I just wrote is just based on my own personal experience of having revised hundreds of operations performed by other doctors.

Every case is different and there is no formula on how to deal with them.  The training of a plastic surgeon is somewhat different in that we are oftentimes faced with unique circumstances that require reconstruction and we have to create  ways of dealing with the problem specific to that patient.  Most other surgeons do not face similar challenges.

There is, unfortunately, no book or medical paper to read  about this or any other technique specific to your problem.

Best advice is to return to your surgeon for a frank discussion of where you are and what he could do for you.  If you believe in him, then have him revise it.  You might also do well to invest in a consultation with an experienced gyne surgeon to get another opinion.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024