Author Topic: Surgery Completed By Alex Karidis 05-Nov-13 (I really Hope this Helps Others)  (Read 2515 times)

Offline cenzo7626

Hi All,

first of all i don't usually post on forums but felt compelled to do so here as this site has really provided me with a wealth of information / comfort.

here i go:

Brief Background

Basically been suffering with gyne since the age of 13/14 (I am now in late 30's!) During this time I visited a GP once and i was laughed at told its nothing to worry about.

I continued life like this and disguised it quite well with the clothes I wear etc.

Having joined the gym earlier this year I lost a load of weight - this actually made the gyne look worse as my chest muscles started to develop...so a started reading up on the net about Gynecomastia.

After much research I considered going to Poland due to the significantly lower cost of surgery - however after much reading on the Forums I decided for me it was better to stay local (London) and lump the extra cost.

I booked a consultation with Alex Karidis for early October

Consultation

The consultation itself was very quick (10mins).

Dr. Karidis examined me and confidently told me he could make me flat! I actually didn't have many questions as i was armed with all the data from this site.

Cost

Consultation fee: £100 (goes to charity)
Blood test fee: £146 (You can get this done yourself)
Karidis fee: £2940
Hospital fee: £1483

Total: £4669

I was offered 05-Nov-13 as the first available date so booked it (Paid £1000 deposit) Remainder had to be paid the following week.

Surgery

I was asked to arrive at the hospital at 9am, upon arrival i checked in at the main desk and was taken to my room. at about 9.30 Dr. Karidis came in and marked me up and took some photo's - he said i would be in for surgery at about 10.30.

A Nurse then came in and checked blood pressure etc and asked a series of question. She asked me to change into a gown, compression socks and then some over socks with grips - i was not allowed to where my crocs down to theatre (she said I did not need to wear the disposable underwear and to keep my boxers on.

At about 11am i was walked down to the anaesthetists room; again they checked my vitals - they injected me and they put a  gas mask on me, all i remember was thinking its not making me sleep! it obviously did as i woke up at 14.15 in the recovery room dying of thirst and horrible pain in my throat (apparently this is expected as they put an airway in your throat)

Post Operation

I was taken back to my room by about 14.40 and told to slowly drink water and try and go for a pee. My food arrived at about 16.00.

I was not in much pain at all and did not require any pain killers. The nurses came in and out and kept checking my vitals and for bleeding etc. i was finally discharged at 17.00.

its now 21.00 and i have taken 2 pain killers and had some food - i feel absolutely fine (just a little sore - I think this is from the compression vest)

I will try and get some more photos up tomorrow once the vest is off....

Pictures

Offline Simba78

• Posting Member
Hi cenzo7626. Glad it all went well.

I have my operation with Mr Levick tomorrow morning, so will be going through something similar. From what I've read, seems a pretty straight forward op/recovery, for a massive increase in self esteem and being able to wear the clothes you want etc. etc.

Hope your recovery goes well mate.

Offline cenzo7626

Thanks Mate - and good luck for tomorrow.

I am fine today - very little pain if any.

If i can give you one bit of advice shave your armpit / chest hair - taking the bandages of for me was very painful even though i had trimmed my hair really short.

Offline cenzo7626

here are some updated pics from today 2 before i had a shower and one after before new dressings were applied.

Offline readytogo

• Posting Member
Hi Cenzo7626. Glad to see everything went well and the results look good. I'm a bit ahead of you at 3 weeks after also seeing Dr. Karidis and hope your progressing well. All the best.

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Congrats mate. I was also surprised at lack of pain. I took 3 lots of painkillers then stopped because I didn't need them. I did however feel the odd sharp pain and then what felt like fluid coming out of my nipple incisions only to find dry plasters at the end of the day, strange.

The pain killers do bung you up a big though  :D

Pineapple is good to eat for the swelling and for the bungingness lol.

Enjoy the improvements but remember it takes time to settle :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024