Author Topic: Questions regarding my condition  (Read 1816 times)

Offline troubledman95

Hi, all

I suspect myself of having gynecomastia due to puffy nipples.

Here are some of my personal info:

Race: Asian (Chinese)
 BMI: 23.3

I would like your opinion on whether:
  • my condition is considered gynecomastia
  • my condition is temporary and will disappear (as I read from different sources saying this can be a temporary effect due to hormone imbalance in teenage years)
  • it will require surgery to reduce this (i.e. exercise and other factors won't affect it)
Here are photos of my chest from the front and side for your reference:

Thanks for your time. :)

Offline troubledman95

While I understand it is not as severe as some of yours', it is still a great cause of stress for me.

I would appreciate if you can give me more information on what this condition is, if it isn't gynecomastia instead of dismissing it as a minor issue. :)

Offline davefontaine

It's probably a very, very small piece of breast tissue behind the nipple. I know you don't want to hear it, but if it worries you then I would see a psychiatrist rather than a surgeon. You probably have body dismorphia

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You have a very mild case of gynecomastia.  If it has been present and unchanging for over two years, then it will probably there forever.  You have two choices:  live with it and make adjustments in your life, or consider a consultation with a gyne expert surgeon who can provide some information to you about possible surgery.  No obligation, of course, but at least you will have some legit information.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline davefontaine

Have a look around the site at some surgery pics. Your condition resembles only the absolute best 'after' pics. Do you really think you need surgery? Would you be happy to have fractionally flatter nipples and a potential scar?

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
strong disagreement with dave.  it's only "mild" to someone with a more severe case.  the fact you can hide it a little more easily than a severe case is not relevant (as also is race, gyne happens to everyone).  obviously it's bothering you same as it bothers me.  the shape issue at the areola is obvious, but i can also see the larger thinner mass behind it like around 8-10 cm that someone with a severe case might not even notice. 

dr jacobs gave you good info.  i doubt what i see in those pics will go away, and yes, exercise or supplements will not help with it.  welcome to the site. 
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024