Author Topic: Please guys should i wear a bra? and surgery now or after loosing weight  (Read 1770 times)

Offline rahuljain

• Posting Member
Hi folks,

This website gives me the strength and courage to live life positively,I have been suffering from this idiotic condition

since I was 12 or 13..Now I am 30..

I have been reading posts for such a long time,but couldnt go in for surgery for couple of reasons.When I was in my begining

of my carrier I had financial worries+Fat on my body..I still am over weight by 10 kilos according to my BMI..

Now I am married and have a beautiful kiddo..I have now no Financial problems..But now I have a fear if I go under the knife

and if something happens to me?? I dont want my wife and daughter to loose me at this point of time..Fatal Surgery reactions

could be from General anaesthesia 90% of the time..But at the same time I feel when my kid grows lil big and I cant open my

shirt on beaches,swimming etc etc..

This part of me says that I should be positive and go for the surgery..

I have attached my ugly body's pics..In 1 pic you can see my normal position and in other 2 pics you can see myself

stretching..

My questions:

1.Should I workout seriously and just concentrate to loose extra weight before surgery?
2.Go for surgery immediately
3.Never go for surgery?

Looking for positive replies..

Offline igotum

• Bronze Member
What you do with your situation is your call. I am much larger breasted than you and not even considering surgery. I am 68 and IF I wanted to go swimming I would without a shirt. I wear a bra to keep pain and soreness down. The bra is your call. I never wore one until my breasts got big. They stayed sore all the time. The jiggle from riding a car or walking is annoying and some pain too. Mowing the lawn without a bra is very painful. So I wear a bra every day now. People don't see nearly as much as you think. It seems like the older guys accept gyne and don't go for surgery much.
 Just do what you are comfortable with. I am wishy washy about advice because it is a very personal decision. What is OK to me may not be Ok for others......

hammer

I have to agree with the previous poster, but I'm even probably bigger breasted! I wear a 46H bra, and I have no fear of surgery at all as of had several like knee replacement, back and others, however with such large breast it would be hard to do a good job making them look right and I really don't care about them anymore.

You really need not fear the surgery either, because your more likely to get hurt crossing the street, falling down your stairs at home, but on the other hand when you think about spending thousands of dollars to make your chest look different and in 20 more years as you age other things start to change you will look back and think, was it all that necessary, and really all that important after all!

Your choice my friend, good luck, and God bless!

Offline RTPUnderPar

• Posting Member
Hi Rahuljain,

Firstly your body is not ugly...   I think we have some things in common in terms of weight being an issue for both of us on top of this condition. 

I was in the same position as you and decided to concentrate on health and fitness before getting surgery.  I suggest you do the same, reason being if you get the surgery without improving your overall physical fitness it is unlikely you'd be happy with the overall results.  At 30 I was pushing 300lbs, at 33 I was down to 170 so it can be done.  Then I yoyo'd after that and I am trying to get back there, have had a consult and will consider the option when I reach my goals depending on how I feel about myself (but I'm starting to think I'm going to skip the surgery which is another reason why I suggest fitness first. 

Keep your chin up and change your life, I am certainly not thin, but the adage they say is that nothing tastes as good as being fit feels is true.  I won't lie I do miss my favorite foods, I try to limit myself to a cheat meal every week, whereas I used to "cheat" literally every meal. 

Improve your diet and exercise consistently and results will come.  Your health is more appearance that any physical appearance, everything else will follow and surgery is always an option. 

Good Luck!

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
If you are going to lose weight, it would be better to lose it before surgery.

A person does not actually need surgery unless there is some kind of pathology and that is rare.

So far as a bra is concerned, We have guys here who would not be caught dead in a bra and we have guys who praise their comfort. This is something only you can decide.
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024