Author Topic: I'm at very early stages  (Read 2366 times)

Offline asr260284

• Posting Member
Hi everyone, I'm at the very early stages if finally admitting to myself that I have to do something about my extreme man boobs. Started looking at surgery etc but the first estimate price u have received is way above what I think I could ever get hold of.

I have looked at so many stories and pics on here and I only wish mine was like that, from what I've seen mine is so extreme I've not seen anyone else with man boobs as big. It really is destroying me and has made such a bad impact on my life. I am so fed up with not living a normal life I am determined to do something about it.

Asr

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Hi everyone, I'm at the very early stages if finally admitting to myself that I have to do something about my extreme man boobs. Started looking at surgery etc but the first estimate price u have received is way above what I think I could ever get hold of.

I have looked at so many stories and pics on here and I only wish mine was like that, from what I've seen mine is so extreme I've not seen anyone else with man boobs as big. It really is destroying me and has made such a bad impact on my life. I am so fed up with not living a normal life I am determined to do something about it.

Asr

Congrats on taking the first steps. I think you should get a consultation with Mr Levick, even if you cant afford surgery at the moment. For me, that was the big turning point in admitting to myself that I genuinely had gynaecomastia, and also answered all my questions, which internet articles really give misleading answers to (not this forum, but just general articles which claim a bit of cardio will get rid of gynaecomastia).

The consultation is completely free. They also have payment plans, I've heard it's not too difficult to get a loan from them. But I think getting a consultation would be a good first step.

Also, remember whatever the size of your gynaecomastia (you mentioned they are larger than any you've seen on here), surgery will get rid of them. No size is 'too big'.

Offline asr260284

• Posting Member
Thank you, I'm hoping it's true that no size is too big. I think my only problem is mine are so large that I will need major surgery to cut away saggy excess skin as well as move my nipples to the correct place. Will they be able to do this?

Offline asr260284

• Posting Member
Just so you can see how severe my problem is, look at this link I posted a few years ago with a pic

https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/4/please-somebody-help-me/msg170241/#msg170241

I have lost weight, now down to 18stone, and I run 3x a week at moment.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
I've just read through that link and according to Dr Jacobs it wont be a regular operation.

However,  I completely agree with the last doctor who posted on that thread now - its your turn to go out there and see an experienced plastic surgeon. I'm assuming you're in the UK. Call Mr Levick's office on Monday and book a free consultation. He's probably the best/most experienced in the UK. He's also in his 60's and performed hundreds of gynaecomastia operations and probably seen thousands in consultations. So chances are he'll have seen cases similar to yours.

But the next step for you is to book a consultation otherwise you may end up going around in circles here on the forums.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Also, if money is genuinely a problem I'm sure you could get surgery free on the NHS, looking at those pictures. Their work may not be as good as a private surgeon but it probably would be better than not doing anything.

Offline asr260284

• Posting Member
Hey, thanks for the replies! I have emailed dr levick some pics, just waiting for a reply then will try and book a consultation. I don't hold much hope to have it done on NHS, I went to my doctors about is 2 years ago and showed them, all they said was that I need to lose weight, that will sort it.

Offline AchillesUK

• Silver Member
Hey, thanks for the replies! I have emailed dr levick some pics, just waiting for a reply then will try and book a consultation. I don't hold much hope to have it done on NHS, I went to my doctors about is 2 years ago and showed them, all they said was that I need to lose weight, that will sort it.

Getting something done on the NHS is a lot about persistence.  However they will always point out to someone they are overweight first. So if you get to an ideal weight for your height they'll have no excuses given your level of gynae. Additionally if you mention that it is affecting you mentally (as you mentioned in one of your previous posts), that would play a big part. Believe me there are girls who have gotten breast enlargement on the nhs because they claim it affects them mentally.

Having said all that I'd still save up/get a loan and go with Mr Levick or another experienced surgeon. Last thing you want is a cowboy job on the nhs (as some people have experienced) and then coming back to a private surgeon anyway.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024