Author Topic: Dr Hisham Hamed  (Read 8973 times)

Offline Kent73

• Posting Member
Hi all,
        I am looking to gather information about the various surgery options for Gyne in the UK. Obviously it appears that Levick seems to be the preferred option for the majority of people and that it costs about £3,800 through him. But I am interested in finding out more about Hisham Hamed. I understand that Oppositions(?) has used him. Has anyone else?

He appears an attractive option pricewise compared to Levick but I am guessing that his techniques is slightly different than Levicks. Am I right in thinking that he goes in via the front of the chest and therefore scaring would be more visible than Levick?

Obviously the better hidden the scars the better but given the large price differential I may well prefer slightly more visible scars for nearly half the price.

Does anyone have any answers?

Regards,

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
Levick is £3655

You cant really compare price difference based on visible scars.  THere would be more to consider here, I would suggest getting a consultation from both and any other surgeons you may wish and see which surgeon you would prefer. I really dont think this sort of surgery can be decided by who is the cheapest.

Levick is more expensive than some and less than others, find out what full package is offered before comparing prices.

Most people choose Levick so its obvious the man is good at what he does, I guess you get what you pay for.  I have only heard one person having been worked on by Dr Hamed and he may very well be a great surgeon.  For me personally i decided to go with Levick as his track record is proven by so many on here and when i had my consultation I immediately liked him.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2005, 02:40:35 AM by RRB »
Surgery performed by Mr Paul Levick, 17/02/05. I am here to help.

Offline Kent73

• Posting Member
Thanks for the prompt response. Don't get me wrong, price is not the key factor for me. The key factor is adequate removal of all the extra tissue/gland etc and having it done safely. The only thing I meant was that if the only real difference between Levick and Hamed was that one left slight scars under the arm and the other left them on the front of the chest (where they would be slightly more visible) then it is possible the near £2,000 price difference would become a factor.

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
I do understand the price difference issues.  It would definately be worth your while having consultations for both, get feedback and then see what you think.  I think the main issue now is that Levick is held in such high regard on these board, that your not going to hear too much of other probably very good surgeons.  It really all comes down to who you are cofortable with, after a consultation.

Offline Kent73

• Posting Member
Thanks again. Another quick question if I may.

When I originally had it checked out I had a biopsy and blood test taken. At the time they were checking for cancer.

I subsequently had another consultation, this time through Bupa and he diagnosed Gynaecomastia.
But he did not do any blood tests or the like. Only a physical examination.

If I book a consultation with Levick or another would they first check the hormone levels etc to see if there is an underlying cause or would I need to organise that seperately?

I fully expect an operation to be necessary but I really would not want it to return and so I guess I would need to know in advance if I had a hormonal imbalance or similar.

Any advice would be appreciated as always.

Regards,

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
No surgeons are there to fix and not diagnose.  It would be best to see your GP and get him to refer you to an Endoctrinologist

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Does anyone have an email address for Levick or his secretary? I have a number for him, but wouldn't mind making initial contact via email..
etc.

Offline Chorlton

• Silver Member
  • Gyne removed by Mr Levick 2nd Feb 05
    • Before and After Surgery Pics
Doddy,

I know it may seem a bit nerve recking ringing Levicks office but it is not.  Both he and his wife deal with gyne all the time.  When I first rang I left a message and she rang back.  It was short and sweet.  " I would like an appointment for gyne" "oh gynecomastia love", "yes", " when can you make it - appointments are on Monday and Tuesday".  Simple.  If you have any questions just ask.

Chorlton

Offline doddy

• 06/04/2005.
Thanks. Well, if appointments are Monday and Tuesday only, I wont be able to go until my Easter hols in any case (about 6 weeks away).

How quickly after you called did you get an appointment?

Offline RRB

• Gold Member
  • I am here to help
I got an appointment 2.5 weeks after phoning and then surgery was booked for 3 weeks after consultation.

Offline Oppositions

• Gold Member
  • boys with breasts.. yeah right... whatever!
    • pics pre and post Op
have u called dr.hisham hamed as well?
he is in londonbridge...

Offline Kent73

• Posting Member
Hi Oppositions, the quote I got from Mr Hamed was £3,000 plus £200 for the consultation.

You got yours done much cheaper didn't you?
Did you have a very mild case or something?

Offline Oppositions

• Gold Member
    • pics pre and post Op
no, i didnt had mild case at all... but.. go to my post

http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=8;action=display;num=1108023286

read and see the pictures, i didnt have to wear compression vest, i didnt have brusing or sweeling, i dont know how he does it.. but actually he is a breast reconstructive, i think thats why he has this amazing experience.

Offline Kent73

• Posting Member
Looks like a good job all right.

Did he remove the gland as well or was it Lipo only?

Does he include the same promise as Levick of free follow up operations if required?

Thanks for the info BTW.

Offline Oppositions

• Gold Member
    • pics pre and post Op
he removed gland, big ones..
not sure about the follows up, went ones to take the bandage off and that was it

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024