Author Topic: Consultation & Surgery with Mr Levick!!  (Read 12551 times)

Offline hopetochange

• Bronze Member
Hello!

Another gyno sufferer here. Like everyone else I've had it since I was 11 or 12, never had any major teasing or anything but always been aware of more boobage than normal. I think it got worse through my 20's and as I filled out a bit after being so skinny. I'm now 35 and it's more noticeable than ever.

I'm in fair shape (6'3", avg around 14.5 - 15 stone) and last year dropped a stone or so through exercise but got really frustrated that I couldn't seem to get rid of the breast-like appearance. I hate that they jiggle around when doing cardio and running. Seeing photo's of myself on holiday was mortifying! I'd say it's a moderate case. I don't really have massive puffy, sticky-out or droopy nips, they are more rounded and seem to extend a bit round the sides under my arms.

I started doing some research around this time last year and came across loads of stuff on the internet about gynecomastia and worked out that the only way to get rid was surgery. So having thought about it for over a year I finally plucked up the courage to arrange some finance and look into surgery properly. This forum was great to come across and the fact that so many people raved about Mr Levick - I remember looking at his website last year!

Anyway, I went to see him on Tuesday after getting a short notice appointment - literally the day after I emailed them. I don't really remember much about the consultation as I was quite nervous but Gail and Paul were both really professional and friendly. He said he could definitely pinch more than an inch and most of it looked like gland. He went through the usual explanation of the procedure and showed some other guys photo's. Really nice chap & felt at ease. So I kind of knew I wanted to get it done asap and booked the surgery the same day for next Wednesday!! Talk about a fast turn around. So all arranged, paid for and currently counting down the days, reading other peoples experiences and feeling that nervous excitement  :) Got the compression vest and Arnica on order, awaiting delivery.

Luckily, I'm off work for something else at present, have another 3 weeks, so perfect timing to get it done with about 2 weeks recovery before going back to a desk job. I only live half an hour away from Brum so Levick was the most convenient.

So I'll update next week with my experience and possibly some pics, if it helps anyone else  ;D

ha032742

The next week will feel like the slowest you've ever had! ;D Still can't beat my 24 hours from consultation to surgery with Dr. Karidis :P

Offline maurice212303

• Bronze Member
It will go really slowly - Firstly don't worry - It's like checking in to a hotel! they are so wonderfully supportive and Dr Levick is absolutely brilliant - I am 4 weeks post op and extremely happy with how I look - take a look at my before and after - I still can't believe it!!!!

Good luck and take it easy afterwards - there is no point rushing around - and remember keep up your compression

Offline hopetochange

• Bronze Member
The next week will feel like the slowest you've ever had! ;D Still can't beat my 24 hours from consultation to surgery with Dr. Karidis :P

Wow... ha ha... thought my week was fast but 24 hours.... jeez!! Good on you though. Can't wait now :)

Offline hopetochange

• Bronze Member
It will go really slowly - Firstly don't worry - It's like checking in to a hotel! they are so wonderfully supportive and Dr Levick is absolutely brilliant - I am 4 weeks post op and extremely happy with how I look - take a look at my before and after - I still can't believe it!!!!

Good luck and take it easy afterwards - there is no point rushing around - and remember keep up your compression

Yeah I've read so many stories on here the last few days. Gone from thinking 'am I doing the right thing' to thinking 'you only live once - go for it' so glad I took the decision now.

Compression vest just arrived today so will give it a try later. I'm planning on not doing much at all after the op. Kind of got the message that rest + compression = best results so not planning on doing anything to jeopardise that!

Thanks for the advice & congrats on your results, looks great.

Any advice about what I need to take to the hospital on the day?

Offline Big ste

• Bronze Member
Good luck iam in the day after you

Offline hopetochange

• Bronze Member
Thanks, yeah good luck to you too. Will give Levick chance to warm up on me!

Offline hopetochange

• Bronze Member
SURGERY TOMORROW!! Eeeek  :P It's been a long few days and just want to get it over and done with now....

Going to have a clipper session later - get rid of the chest and pit hair ready for the bandages.

Just wondering what to take - Do you think I need to take slippers & dressing gown? Towel?

ha032742

I got all of the above provided in my room when I went under Dr. Karidis' knife at St John's, so I presume it'll be the same at the Priory with Mr Levick but I'm sure someone will be along to confirm?

Probably take something to read/iPad etc. to keep yourself occupied prior to surgery and once you get back.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 11:29:00 AM by ha032742 »

Offline scotty1986

• Posting Member
I'm sure surgery will go well for both of you, hopetochange and bigste - will be interesting to see some more before/after pictures. I'm not getting surgery till march/april and am just looking forward like yourselves to getting it out the way.

Offline hopetochange

• Bronze Member
I'm sure surgery will go well for both of you, hopetochange and bigste - will be interesting to see some more before/after pictures. I'm not getting surgery till march/april and am just looking forward like yourselves to getting it out the way.

Cheers, yeah me too! Are you going with Levick too? I'll get some pics up next week hopefully.

Offline scotty1986

• Posting Member
Yes i think doctor levick, although not 100% sure what i'm doing yet. I read on here that he removes all the gland which I would prefer but will get the answers I guess when seeing him.

Offline Big ste

• Bronze Member
Good luck be over before you know it I was just going to take some trackies and a loose t-shirt ain't really thought about it

Offline hopetochange

• Bronze Member
Thanks. Hopefully it will all go smoothly.

Gonna take some slippers and robe in case (I don't think the hospital provides them). Also trackies and hoody to lounge in  :)

Will update with how it goes & good luck on Thurs.

Just hoping I can get some decent kip tonight...

Offline hopetochange

• Bronze Member
Yes i think doctor levick, although not 100% sure what i'm doing yet. I read on here that he removes all the gland which I would prefer but will get the answers I guess when seeing him.

Yeah he does remove everything. He said to me that he injects some fluid first off and leaves it to help loosen everything, in goes the cannula for lipo and to help break up the fatty deposits. He then removes all of the gland (With what looked like an elongated pair of pliers!) before putting in some 'fibrin' spray to help the cavity bond, heal & prevent bleeding. Think that's how he explained it.

I have total faith in him anyhow, looking at other pics of his work etc, he knows what he is doing & delivers a great result.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024