Author Topic: had surgery with Mr levick today, ask me anything.  (Read 3777 times)

Offline Danny12

• Posting Member
Hi everyone, I had the surgery done today around 2pm, the operation lasted about an hour and I was in recovery for half an hour. If I can be any help to anyone considering surgery I'd be more than happy to answer any questions.  :)

ha032742

That bored in hospital, eh? :D

Congrats and get some pics up when you get the chance.

Offline Danny12

• Posting Member
Haha I am. I wanted to go for a cig but the nurse told me I can't.  >:( Might ask the night staff later as my ECig is running out of juice. mr levick is a cool guy, he said he's going to show me the "burger shots" tommorow. I'll post some photos when I can.  :)

Offline scotty1986

• Posting Member
I'm booked in, in a few months mate - i was wondering after you wake up from the op and anaesthetic has calmed down can you go to the toilet and stand up/walk without help or is assistance needed? cheers

Offline Danny12

• Posting Member
You'll wake up feeling somewhat dehydrated / hungover in recovery room already in your bed but you start feeling better after a few minutes.you'll be wheeled yo your room once better. You'll have a compression garment on with plastic packs underneath which fill up with cold water and are attached to a machine by tubes. You have inflatable cuffs around your ankles that inflate one at a time to apparently prevent blood clots. I took mine off because they were making my legs and feet numb. If you you need the toilet you press a button on your pad a nurse will come unhook the tubes and you can walk fine yourself you don't need assistance. You'll feel like you can only move your arms a little bit but you'll manage Ok. Are you looking forward to the op?  :)

Offline Danny12

• Posting Member
Forgot to mention you won't be in any pain at all, you might have discomfort around the incisions near armpits but nothing too bad, I didn't even take any paracetomol yesterday. The plastic water packs are so cold that your chest will feel numb.

Offline Danny12

• Posting Member
Took his this morning, really pleased with the results, I look really flat vyt I should imagine my chest will look better as I recover.I'll upload a before photo and other photos later on.

Offline scotty1986

• Posting Member
You'll wake up feeling somewhat dehydrated / hungover in recovery room already in your bed but you start feeling better after a few minutes.you'll be wheeled yo your room once better. You'll have a compression garment on with plastic packs underneath which fill up with cold water and are attached to a machine by tubes. You have inflatable cuffs around your ankles that inflate one at a time to apparently prevent blood clots. I took mine off because they were making my legs and feet numb. If you you need the toilet you press a button on your pad a nurse will come unhook the tubes and you can walk fine yourself you don't need assistance. You'll feel like you can only move your arms a little bit but you'll manage Ok. Are you looking forward to the op?  :)

Thanks for the info, chest looks great. Yes looking forward to it - it's a little surreal because it seemed like a pipe dream and I have been on this forum for a few years and just had to live with it. Even going in and meeting the doctor was something I thought may never happen as strange as that sounds.

Offline Danny12

• Posting Member
Yeh I know that feeling although I only had it for 2 years I decided to get a loan, went for consultation on December 5th and had op yesterday. It all went by so fast. You will instantly feel amazing from the moment you wake up from the anaesthesia you just feel like its done, no more worrying and obsessing about how you look in t-shirts. It's like you're life has just begun, its amazing and all the staff down there are lovely I was constantly getting offered drinks, it was worth the money. I've just got home about an hour ago and first thing I did when I got in was smoke a joint I thought it would relax me and ease the pain (my sides started aching where my ribs are) totally forgot the last thing I ate was a full English breakfast at 8am, well a really small breakfast. I started to black out had to sit down, I threw up, but I feel better now. No more weed for me though  :D I'm starting to feel more swollen and stiff. I couldn't feel anything in hospital because of the cold water packs I had on. Does anyone know if it would be OK to put ice packs wrapped in a tea towel under my compression garment?

ha032742

I wouldn't recommend putting ice packs under the compression garment, as it will reduce compression over certain areas of the chest defeating the purpose of wearing it in the first place.

Offline Danny12

• Posting Member
Yeh fair point I won't wear one then. I feel so sore and achy.

Offline Danny12

• Posting Member
These were taken before he did the markings.

Offline Danny12

• Posting Member
Burger shots

Another photo I took this morning

This is the water machine and the tubes and water packs which go under the compression garment.

ha032742

Offline Danny12

• Posting Member
Really good result so far :)

Thank you, I feel very achy on my sides and seem to get tired easily but Im breathing more shallow. Can't wait until recovery is done with. I'm playing exo zombies for the next 2 week. ;D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024