Author Topic: Is this gyne?  (Read 1854 times)

Offline warriorm

• Posting Member
I have recently joined this forum. I am always worrying over my health. I am in my late twenties but have always had a small gland under the nipple following puberty. I wanted to see if this is gynecomastia?
Thanks in advance.

Offline warriorm

• Posting Member
Another example

Offline warriorm

• Posting Member
Another image

Offline igotum

• Bronze Member
Man I don't see anything but a good looking MAN chest!

Offline warriorm

• Posting Member
Thank you. Do you think it is anything to be concerned about? I just thought they looked odd and not normal.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Very, very mild gyne -- something that most guys would not bother to do anything about.

Enjoy your chest!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline warriorm

• Posting Member
Thank you. Do you think I need to have this checked by the Doctor?
I remember that I had a lump under the nipples emerge during puberty. They are not as raised as they were then but have become very conscious of it now.
I am worried that it will turn into a serious problem.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
If your chest has been this way for years, then there is no problem.  Gynecomastia (extra tissue on a male chest) is a totally benign condition and is not something that you should be worrying about.  And I would not start feeling your chest for lumps.  If you do have a concern, then it would be worthwhile to have it checked out once and for all by an expert in gyne surgery in your area.

Dr Jacobs

Offline warriorm

• Posting Member
Thank you for your support with this. I am so glad that I have come to this forum as received so much advice already.
I remember my nipple area being rather tender and sore when I was around 13 or so. I went to the GP and he just said it was adolescence and that the lumps will go up and down. The lumps underneath are very thin and almost like they are not there when I stretch in like one of the photos.
I just get very scared because I have had a lot of cancer scares already and the slightest sign of something like this then I think something is going on.
All I can feel is like some fatty areas but thought it was abnormal.
Thank you for being able to help with this.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024