Author Topic: Gyno? what are my options?  (Read 1578 times)

Offline arnoldmenstrual

Hello,
I am 5'11, 150 pounds and have been dealing with what I think is Gynecomastia since I was 11 years old. Luckily my nipples get cold relatively easily and shrink down but when I'm inside they are always puffy. I lost a lot of weight and gained some muscle, however i've always had a very underdeveloped chest and  I'm 18 years old now and nothing has changed. Everyone tells me my nipples are weird and they make me look more feminine. First, I would like to know if it is actually Gynecomastia and what are my options to treat it? 
thank you

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
You are slender and have puffy nipples.  The fact that the nipples look acceptable when you are cold is totally normal -- the tiny muscles in the skin of the areola tighten up and push the excess tissues beneath the areola down so that the nipples appear normal.  But that is temporary.  When the muscles relax, the puffiness re-appears.

The only way to fix this permanently is with surgery.

You can hide them with a snug compression shirt -- but that too has its limits and doesn't help when you want to go shirtless and swim.

Treatment of puffy nipples is tricky -- it should be done by an expert in gyne surgery.  Do your homework and find a gyne expert in your area -- or consider traveling for such expertise.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline arnoldmenstrual

Thank you so much! It is reassuring to know its treatable. Do you have an idea of what the cost would be?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024