Author Topic: Considering Surgery.  (Read 2010 times)

Offline Iamnotannumber

• Posting Member

Hi, 
I was very overweight as a child/teenager. I have managed to lose the weight but I've been left with a flabby chest, excess skin & huge nipples. What kind of procedure do you think I need & what kind of result can I expect. I had surgery in 1994 on the NHS in 1994 with unsatisfactory results. This has haunted me my whole adult life & really need to get it sorted out before I'm too old. I'm 41. Any advice or opinions would be really appreciated. Thank You

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I have reviewed your first three posts and your response from Dr. Jacobs. 
Dr. Jacobs' professional reply will be better than anything I might add. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline Iamnotannumber

• Posting Member
I thought i would put an update on here.
I have now seen a couple of surgeons. Both of the surgeons have the same opinion that in my case a conservative approach is best. They have said initially i need lipo & gland removal and hopefully the skin will tighten sufficiently to give a satisfactory outcome. 
After 9 months if the result is not satisfactory then i will need to consider a revision & have the skin removed. This will be included in the cost. 
Considering now whether to go ahead. 

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
In my opinion you're not a good candidate for the classic procedure of liposuction and tissue excision.  In fact, from what you say in your post, you've already had that done, with a poor outcome.  At your age (older) your skin will not contract to the degree that you will want.  Your best bet is a procedure that removes all of the breast tissue and excess skin.  Your nipple/areolas can be grafted back in proper place - that way their diameter can be improved upon.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024