Author Topic: do I need surgery?  (Read 3014 times)

Offline pewpew

Hi, I 'm 30 and been overweight from 7 to 22. I gained kilos again after 25 or something. I was always frustrated and embarrassed to take my top off. I'm not rly excited about surgery but do want a decent chest :p 

do i need surgery?
my boobs seem to big and asymmetric to me :/ what do you guys think?

http://postimg.org/gallery/22o6jy3u2/

rrr

Time to drop the excess fat and get toned. In my opinion, you will have those moobs unless you have surgery. Once you put on enough weight to expand the skin that much, odds are it will not retract on it's own.
Plus, being overweight leads to your body producing more estrogen, which leads to tissue growth in the breasts on top of the excess fat accumulation.
Bummed

Offline TigerPaws

Time to drop the excess fat and get toned. In my opinion, you will have those moobs unless you have surgery. Once you put on enough weight to expand the skin that much, odds are it will not retract on it's own.
Plus, being overweight leads to your body producing more estrogen, which leads to tissue growth in the breasts on top of the excess fat accumulation.
Bummed

A slight correction fat cells store the estrogen your body naturally produces which is normally overpowered by Testosterone. When a man is obese or close too it and begins to quickly loose weight the estrogen in released from the fat cells temporally taking control of the man's endocrine system.

It is genetics that determine the number of estrogen receptors that you are born with, but with an increase in estrogen over time (which is unique to each man) the estrogen receptors will multiply again depending on genetics.

Gynecomastia (male breast development) is but one of several effects of increased estrogen. Further information can be found by researching estrogen dominance in men

rrr

TigerPaws said:

A slight correction fat cells store the estrogen your body naturally produces which is normally overpowered by Testosterone.

I must correct your correction.
Abstract
The ability of human abdominal, breast and axillary fat to convert androgens into estrogens was investigated by incubating labeled substrates in the presence of NADPH with a variety of cell preparations. The incubation products were subjected to phenolic partition, paper chromatography, methyl-ether formation, repeat chromatography and crystallization with cold carrier reference standards to constant specific activity. Androstenedione was converted to estrone and, to a lesser extent, to 17beta-estradiol by crude homogenates, minces, fat-free particulate fractions (1,000-100,000 time g) and isolated fat cells obtained from abdominal, breast or axillary fat. Testosterone was found to be aromatized as actively as androstenedione, but inthis case more 17 beta-estrodiol was formed than estrone.
IE., the more fat you have, the more T is converted to E

Bummed, who does know how to use Google.

Offline TigerPaws

TigerPaws said:

A slight correction fat cells store the estrogen your body naturally produces which is normally overpowered by Testosterone.

I must correct your correction.
Abstract
The ability of human abdominal, breast and axillary fat to convert androgens into estrogens was investigated by incubating labeled substrates in the presence of NADPH with a variety of cell preparations. The incubation products were subjected to phenolic partition, paper chromatography, methyl-ether formation, repeat chromatography and crystallization with cold carrier reference standards to constant specific activity. Androstenedione was converted to estrone and, to a lesser extent, to 17beta-estradiol by crude homogenates, minces, fat-free particulate fractions (1,000-100,000 time g) and isolated fat cells obtained from abdominal, breast or axillary fat. Testosterone was found to be aromatized as actively as androstenedione, but inthis case more 17 beta-estrodiol was formed than estrone.
IE., the more fat you have, the more T is converted to E

Bummed, who does know how to use Google.

Agreed, finish your research and read carefully what I wrote before trying to refute something based on your preconceived ideas and prejudices 

Offline pewpew

thank you both for the answers however when it comes to this issue I'm the layperson here so
from what you are saying this is what i m getting so far:

lose weight again and if you still got boobies (most likely) do the surgery 

right? :P

Offline pewpew

or do I have a hormone imbalance and need to test it?

(isnt testosterone supposed to have everything sorted during 12-15? dont we decrease the levels of that hormone as we grow older anyways?)

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Yes, the Testosterone level should normalize itself in the early teens but it does not always work according to that schedule. 
My glandular levels did not normalize until I was about 35. 
Events, such as significant gain or loss of weight can play havoc with the hormones.
I have become quite good at understanding what happened to me, but that does not mean I am competent to understand the  hormonal aberrations of others.
In my lifetime this has emerged as a very legitimate medical speciality.  If you have questions or concerns in this area, I would encourage you to seek the care of an Endocrinologist. 
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024