Author Topic: Reasons for only very light cases of Gyno on this site?  (Read 2074 times)

Offline p90xblackman

• Posting Member
As I read the post and look at the pics I cant help but to be a bit frustrated at the cases I come across. First of all, Black men are almost non existent on this site and second of all, none of your cases seem that bad to me.  Grant it, I had a extreme level of gyno. I believe it was a number 7 or something like that. Im also over weight..Im 280 now but I started this journey at 320..I was 265 at my smallest and nothing ever changed with my Gyno even at my smallest weight. I usually just ended up gaining all the pounds back because my breast would stick out more when I got smaller. I finally had the surgery done on Sept.27th. My recovery is not peaches and cream. Its very uncomfortable and I can barley wipe my own ass..But I do understand that I did have an extreme case. I received a nipple graft, fat and gland removal. 
So my conclusion is that 1. Black Men are way more private about our personal defects and 2. My level of Gyno was very rare so the chances of me seeing similar cases are rare. 
Good News!! In two months I can return to the gym and finish where I started. I no longer have to give up again due to my gyno not changing post weight loss. I will be spending 2018 building muscle mass and loosing the fat. I dont plan on ever leaving this site. Im hoping that my story can be inspirational for other men with extreme cases. 

hammer

I agree with you as far as there are so many cases that the guys are darn near as smooth as a fine oak board, and thinking that they have a bad case even.

I had gyno as a teen but it due to health issues I'm now a 46H bra size all though I don't like wearing one but there are times I have no choice.

I don't plan to have gyno surgery due to the fact at almost 60 years of age I'm scheduled for my 4th back surgury, which will be my 9th surgery all in total including both total knee replacement's. So as far as surgeries go I have other priorities and we had or 5th grandchild born a couple months ago, so as far as life goes I also have other priorities too!

I do support guys who feel surgery is the way to go, but for me I'm fine with leaving them alone, but I'm not one of the guys who like them and enjoy them either! I'm just at a point in my life that it doesn't matter any more and I've lived with them all my life without letting it be an issue.

As far as weight goes, congrats on the weight loss!  I know what a pain in the ass it is! I maintained a weight of 200-225 all my younger adult life and was very fit as first a Navy Diver then worked construction.  I got fit working on the farm as a kid during the summers, but I found out that I had diabetes and had it for at least 20 year and the only way that I could get my sugars under control was start using insulin. The use of insulin raised my weight over 100 lbs which my doctor said it would so l've been figniting that for years now. I've lost around 50 of that but it's been a hell of a fight to lose any more!

steven618

I completely agree it is frustrating i wish we saw more people with mild and severe growth and myself I wish I saw more with late 20s early 30s onset. Seeing 2 to 3 new people a week post is this gyne when it clearly is nothing but a normal chest is irritating but we are subject to the community that chooses to post. And with black men it seems to be more prone to occur far as mild and severe development and I wish we had more racial contribution to give others of other races a boost in confidence and assurance that it's ok and it's not defining of self etc. I applaud your ambitions to get healthy and doing a great job at it keep it up. But it definitely is frustrating and I agree with you especially when I'm dealing with this and they continue to grow and others have nothing at all to show 

Offline igotum

• Bronze Member
I think the reason you think everyone is pretty flat chested on here is they are the ones most uncomfortable in their "skin" in you know what I mean. Hammer is huge, @ 46H and I am 42D. Several of us are about my size. We don't post a lot because we are not looking to have surgery. I have never thought about the color of skin. I have never heard anyone comment about skin color either. I welcome you. You and I both bleed red! attaboywithgirls wears a 36H. There are others that are big just look around.

36H

hammer

Igotum, made a good point! Unless you post a picture we don't know the color of your skin and we all bleed red!

Offline dresta

• Posting Member
Sorry but your wrong Im Black and posted here last year.  You can see my pics and read my story.    https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=32383.msg206525#msg206525

Offline dresta

• Posting Member
Thanks for sharing your story.  Im from England and the first case I heard of this condition was a tv program about a Black man in Engand who had it and it followed his journy all the way to surgery.  I think even the little cases of gyno can still affect people and plays on self esteem.  I at a place where i at last able to put gyno behind me.  I wish you he best and your always welcome to get in touch.

quote author=p90xblackman link=topic=32904.msg209165#msg209165 date=1506910209]
As I read the post and look at the pics I cant help but to be a bit frustrated at the cases I come across. First of all, Black men are almost non existent on this site and second of all, none of your cases seem that bad to me.  Grant it, I had a extreme level of gyno. I believe it was a number 7 or something like that. Im also over weight..Im 280 now but I started this journey at 320..I was 265 at my smallest and nothing ever changed with my Gyno even at my smallest weight. I usually just ended up gaining all the pounds back because my breast would stick out more when I got smaller. I finally had the surgery done on Sept.27th. My recovery is not peaches and cream. Its very uncomfortable and I can barley wipe my own ass..But I do understand that I did have an extreme case. I received a nipple graft, fat and gland removal.
So my conclusion is that 1. Black Men are way more private about our personal defects and 2. My level of Gyno was very rare so the chances of me seeing similar cases are rare.
Good News!! In two months I can return to the gym and finish where I started. I no longer have to give up again due to my gyno not changing post weight loss. I will be spending 2018 building muscle mass and loosing the fat. I dont plan on ever leaving this site. Im hoping that my story can be inspirational for other men with extreme cases.
[/quote]

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I feel like a lightweight in this group, with only a 46 A/B.
I do not think color is an issue here.  But age most certainly is. 
Those of us who are older can remember when surgery was not a very good option so there was no choice but to accept the condition.  We also lived in an age when people were not obsessed with body image using as models heavily retouched photographs. 
As a military Medic, I have seen a lot of men bare chested and the problem was very common but no one gave it much attention back then before 1960.  The problem is much more acute today and even, as noted, especially among younger men with surprisingly small breasts.
Actually I misspoke,  The problem is not more acute, but the perception of it is. 
Grandpa Dan

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024