Author Topic: Surgeons around the Midlands area?  (Read 1325 times)

Offline HLLR

• Posting Member
Hi everyone,

I'm finally looking to get my gyn removed and I was wondering if there was anyone on here that has had it done with a surgeon around the Midlands area? Or is London the best place to go and have it done?

Many thanks,

Offline Neergs

• Posting Member
Hi mate,

Just had my surgery done yesterday in London by Karidis. I live in birmingham, caught a virigin train down there and stopped a couple of nights and found it fine!
There is a surgeon called Dr Vijh who works out of the priory hospital in Birmingham, and his name has started popping up more frequently on here aswell so maybe he is worth looking into!

Offline HLLR

• Posting Member
Hi mate,

Just had my surgery done yesterday in London by Karidis. I live in birmingham, caught a virigin train down there and stopped a couple of nights and found it fine!
There is a surgeon called Dr Vijh who works out of the priory hospital in Birmingham, and his name has started popping up more frequently on here aswell so maybe he is worth looking into!

Cheers for the reply! How did it go? Karidis us who I've been leaning towards just need to sort out a way to finance it all, How much did your procedure cost overall if you don't mind me asking? Thanks again for the reply

Offline Neergs

• Posting Member
Everything has gone well so far mate, you feel like you're in good hands with Karidis and his team, but obviously the hard part is still to ome for me in the recovery stage. The way I see it is you can't control recovery, you can only control who you decide to have the procedure done with, and I don't think I would have had the surgery with anyone else.

The cost was £200 for consultation, around £4050 for Karidis fee, £1500 for the hospital fee. Then you need to get blood and MRSA tests done, which you can try and get for free through the NHS i think but I paid £250 to have it done on the same day as the consultation at St Johns hospital. Then you've got to consider the cost of hotel, which was £200 for two nights for me, and the train tickets which were £70 return, but that was for me and my mrs!

All in all Id say its close to £6000 in total once you've added everything up like food, travel, hospital etc. I'm sure there are cheaper options out there, but its your body at the end of the day, so i've tried not to think too much about the cost!

I've posted how everything went mate on this forum if you want a breakdown of things, might help you out!

Offline HLLR

• Posting Member
Everything has gone well so far mate, you feel like you're in good hands with Karidis and his team, but obviously the hard part is still to ome for me in the recovery stage. The way I see it is you can't control recovery, you can only control who you decide to have the procedure done with, and I don't think I would have had the surgery with anyone else.

The cost was £200 for consultation, around £4050 for Karidis fee, £1500 for the hospital fee. Then you need to get blood and MRSA tests done, which you can try and get for free through the NHS i think but I paid £250 to have it done on the same day as the consultation at St Johns hospital. Then you've got to consider the cost of hotel, which was £200 for two nights for me, and the train tickets which were £70 return, but that was for me and my mrs!

All in all Id say its close to £6000 in total once you've added everything up like food, travel, hospital etc. I'm sure there are cheaper options out there, but its your body at the end of the day, so i've tried not to think too much about the cost!

I've posted how everything went mate on this forum if you want a breakdown of things, might help you out!
ahh good to hear mate! DI you pay it all up front? yeah saw your post looks good mate 

Offline Neergs

• Posting Member
I paid the deposit on the same day as the consultation which was £1300 I think.

The rest of Dr. Karidis fee is due 2 weeks before surgery, which was £2700 or so.
The hospital fee is due a week before, but you can actually pay on the day which is what I did.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024