Author Topic: Operation with Mr vijh on 31/05/2018  (Read 4591 times)

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
Currently waiting to in my room at the priory waiting to be called down for my operation. Staff are friendly and the room is nice, so far so good but just anxious from waiting and thirsty.
I'm pretty nervous now as I've never had anything like this done before, but excited for it to be done with. Will try to remember to keep you guys posted with how it goes and hopefully upload some pics in the near future.

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine. I'll be in your position in around two weeks. Keep us updated if you can.

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
All done. Feel pretty out of but on the mend. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to answer.

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Welcome back. Question time :-)

How did the surgery go?
Do you have the cooling pads on now? If so, how long for?
Have you seen your chest?
Room to yourself?
How long did you have to wait prior op?
Did Mr Vijh mark you up in your room prior the OP?
General anesthetic?
Do you wake up with the compression band on?
Will Mr Vijh visit in the morning prior departure?
Did Mr Vijh take any photos prior, during and after?

I hear lots of people complaining about the supplied compression band. Do you know if you can wear a compression vest instead from the start?

I hope the road to recovery is quick for you and many thanks for your support.

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
1. It went well! And yes I have the cooling pads on and I think they stay on overnight.
2. I haven't seen my chest yet, can't wait to see it though!
3. Room to myself. The staff are all so friendly and the room is pretty good, only complaint is that it is a tad too warm but it is really muggy today. Foods pretty good also and they have catered to my vegan diet.
4,5. Had to wait around 4 hours. During that time I had different people pop in to ask questions about the procedure etc and was lastly visited my mr.vijh who marked me up a couple of hours before the op. He took a few before pictures after markup.
6. Woke up with a compression band on and it is quite uncomfortable. I have the one Mr. Vijh reccomends at home so it will be good to switch over tomorrow.
7. Yes I believe so.
8. That I am not sure. It may be worth bringing yours with you the day of the op and request to swap them over. I have a feeling you have to wear the one supplied initially though.
Thank you my friend, I can't wait to recover and get back to working out.
Please post when you have your operation done. It will be cool to hear your experience with mr.vijh and the priory.

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Thank you for the quick response and also answering all my questions!
I'm back to counting down the days so I just want it done now.

Are you in much pain or still too drugged to tell yet?

Also, which compression vest did Mr Vijh suggest. Any of these by any chance?

https://esshop.co.uk/product/adjustable-compressions-vest/ or
https://www.macom-medical.com/products/gynaefix-vest/22?c=63

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
No problem. I know the feeling haha, I'll be counting down the days for recovery now. 

Not much pain at all at the minute, I'm still pretty drugged up so everything is numb. 

Yes it was the vest from euro surgical he recommended to me, the immediate post op one I believe. Cost me around £60 but it feels a lot more comfortable to wear under shirts. 

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Awesome, thank you for confirming, I'll order one on Sunday.
I'll leave you to rest up. Looking forward to future updates and photos.

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
Didn't sleep too well at all night, nothing to do with the hospital but just couldn't nodd off for some reason.

Saw Mr vijh this morning who gave me some going home instructions and had a quick look at my chest. First thing he said was flat as a pancake! Which made me smile. Very little or no liposuction was used apparently due to not having much chest fat, but apparently two large rubber type discs were removed.

Pretty bruised around the chest area, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Excited to get home, take it easy for a while and see how my chest looks over the coming weeks.

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Sorry to hear that. I guess the first week could be a struggle sleeping. I always sleep on my side so I'll be in the same position as you.

Anything of interest in the going home instructions? I prefer if they issued these prior the OP so that you have time to buy creams etc...

Did you expect to be completely flat or were you expecting to have a defined chest?

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
Just to rest and take it easy, no hot showers or any form of excessive stretching for about two weeks.

I think you get given a whole sheet from Mr vijh with all the do's and don'ts before you go home.

Erm I was expecting some definition and not to be completely flat as I do have some muscle to my chest. It's hard to explain other than it just looks so different. I can see the two small incisions in my armpits but I think these will be quite unoticeable when they start to heal.

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
How's your day been today?

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
It's been ok, a little bit sore and the vest given is quite uncomfortable. I'm looking forward to switching the vests over.

I've seen glimpses of my chest when adjusting the vest and there is little scarring in the armpit so should not even be noticeable when fully healed. Still looks swollen but am liking the way it is shaping up! 

Offline Hondacr84

• Bronze Member
Good news, I'm glad for you. Are you in a position to upload some pics?

Offline pIxulz

• Posting Member
Thanks man. Not yet, as i am still pretty out of it, hopefully sometime soon though.

Feel free to ask anymore questions and I'll do my best to answer. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024