Author Topic: Gynecomastia photos  (Read 2917 times)

Offline puffywuffy

Hey guys, so I am planning to do surgery this summer and want to confirm if this looks like gyno or not. Pretty sure it is, somewhere around 3-4/10 on a scale, but I'd like to get an opinion from second set of eyes. I am 29 years old now.

- When I was a teen I noticed that my nipples started looking puffy, so I went to pediatrician and she told me that it's normal and with time my pecs and nipples will go back to normal. Technically, she was right, since most of the gyno cases resolve by themselves, but I think that mine didn't.

- I can feel lumps below nipples when I squeeze them. When I was a teen they were also painful on squeeze, now not, but lumps are still there.

- Nipples shrink considerably when it's cold or when I pinch them. Almost back to aesthetically normal looking state.

- I started exercising more intensely during last year and cut some fat, but my gyno got *worse*. I am interpreting this as a clear sign of gyno, since I am more lean but fat/gland around breasts is not going away, in fact it is more obvious now.

- I plan to cut my BF % even more (I think I'm around 20% now) by this summer and then reconsider once again, but I am 99% sure that I have glandular tissue under my nipples and that it is actually a real gyno.

I've just recently came to realization how big of a psychological problem this was for me, which I didn't even acknowledge until this summer. Slouching, social anxiety, choosing my wardrobe based on how my nipples would look like under it, etc.. I'm sure most of you guys are familiar with these issues.

Thus I realized this is an important thing for me which I'd like to resolve this year. And I'd like an opinion about this, do these photos show gyno, how much of it is fixable, and realy any advices are welcome.

Thanks!

hammer

Yes you definitely have gynecomastia! I'm sorry that you have to deal with this and all the BS that comes with it! The only 2 way to deal with it is acceptance or surgery and sadly, it is not covered by many insurance companies either!

Even though I have been able to accept my gyno I still feel your pain as I have had to accept many other things in my life and go through many surgeries now at the age of almost 61!

I hope that you can find the help that you need to do what ever you do with this and you have come to right place to start. I wish you all the best, and if I can answer any questions, just ask!

Bob

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Hi, unfortunately yes, its gynecomastia. If you consider surgery dont rush into it, make your research, watch pre and post op pictures and vids and search for a good plastic surgeon that is specialized in gyno surgery.

Offline puffywuffy

Thanks. Yes I'm definitely going to get educated about it, I already did a lot of reading. I am aware of the issue for a long time, but just recently realized how much of an impact it's having on my regular life. I'm doing the surgery this year for sure.

Doctor that wants to do it said he will do laser liposuction and then gland removal. Right now I don't have more info since I am not in Europe (where I will do the surgery), so I cannot contact him directly for more info, but in a few months when I go back, I'll start researching doctors.

Any opinions about laser lipo? I guess he will do gland removal with incision or somehow with a laser too?

hammer

I have no idea about the type of surgery, however, my advice is to be sure to do a lot of background checks on the surgeon and see other surgeries that have been done. We have had many unhappy men here on the forum after surgery that have regretted getting the surgery, so just be sure that you have the right person for the job!

We have some really great doctors here on the forum that you can question about the type of surgery that you are questioning! They may jump in here otherwise post a question on the "ask a doctor" area of the forum and I guarantee you that you will get an answer for more than one highly qualified surgeon!

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Thanks. Yes I'm definitely going to get educated about it, I already did a lot of reading. I am aware of the issue for a long time, but just recently realized how much of an impact it's having on my regular life. I'm doing the surgery this year for sure.

Doctor that wants to do it said he will do laser liposuction and then gland removal. Right now I don't have more info since I am not in Europe (where I will do the surgery), so I cannot contact him directly for more info, but in a few months when I go back, I'll start researching doctors.

Any opinions about laser lipo? I guess he will do gland removal with incision or somehow with a laser too?

Hammer is right, do your research on surgeons you consider. With only liposuction you cant remove the glandular tissue because its a hard mass that cant be just liposuctioned out, be it vazer, laser or the traditional liposuction.

Im from Europe too, where you would like to do your surgery, what country and doctor?

Offline puffywuffy

Yes I'm aware of the need to remove gland entirely. This is why I asked in previous post will they remove it somehow with laser, or with incision around areola.

I don't feel comfortable sharing info about my doctor etc, especially because I haven't looked into them yet. I'm just gathering info for now, and then when I go back to Europe I'll start doing research on doctors and contacting them directly to see some pre/post op photos and the ways they do the surgery.

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
I asked about the doctor because im in a search for a doc too. I could have done the surgery long time now in my country but I was afraid of tth outcome cause non of pladtic surgeons around here specializes mainly in gyno sirgery. I seen botched pu csses so yeah, im afraid of the outcome but i needmto do the surgery cause im slowly getting old and  i sti want to enjoy some sun bathing and beaches without being uncomfortable in my own skin? You don't give away here your identity so why someone would be uncomfortable to give an answer i dont understand. Maybe i should too be uncomfortable to reply here! Good luck.

hammer

Gentlemen,  I know that right now it is hard for you, but you have no reason to be afraid or ashamed of what is going on with your bodies! I realize that I'm old enough to be your father but I started this too at a young age as well but I now realize these bumps on my chest are not my fault, nor are yours! They are no different than if you had an oversized nose but at least you can hide them easier!

I lost my testicles in my mid thirties after my vasectomy and my gyno grew like well watered weeds to the point of needing a 46H bra to support them. Having surgery would be so hard because of all the extra skin I would look worse than having the breast!

I've came to a point many years ago not to worry about what others thought about those bumps! After all I didn't grow them on purpose and if they had a problem it was theirs not mine!

If you look at the bottom of each of my post you will see two sayings that I live by, and I do live by them! So, if you come to Minnesota and want to meet me in person I'm open to that with anyone, or I am more than willing and i have talked to several forum members via personal email, text or over the phone, because as i say gentleman, you have no reason to be ashamed of anything!

Bob

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member

Hammer thanks again for your nice words! I have read some posts of yours in the past and i know you had problems with the testicles, sorry you had to went through all that, i didnt knew though the problem arised from a vasectomy! 

Maybe you could have done a surgery like the mastectomy where they would have been removed the skin and the breast, seen online some unfortunate woman who needed to went through mastectomy, they covered the missing niple/areola with nice tattoos, then some they had silicon implants and they looked naturally again so probably even in man they could do a procedure to remove all the extra tissues.

We know that gyno is not our fault, its nature and what DNA dictates. For me is more important how im feeling about my gynos. I could be on an empty beach and i would not be comfortable, heck i sometimes hate to see them in the mirror, so its not that im ashamed, its that i dont like my look. Ten years ago i was very fit and muscular, i have been working out and lifting weights, i loved my body but there was this thing that bothered me and that made my pecs look ugly so i wasn't 100% happy with how i looked and this lead to me being inconsistent and going to the gym less. My life would have been radically different if i would not had this gyno and its not even so bad like i see some guys over here.

Minnesota would be so cool to visit, my only time in USA was in 2017, i have been in NY city for two months(unfortunately i didnt had the money to visit Dr Jacobs for gyno consultation and maybe surgery) and i have been to park Avenue several times, i walked the streets of NY like mad, i got bloody blisters on my feet from all that walking, 10-15-20km a day, no problem. 
I just love NY and i wish i had the money to visit more of America. 
The landform there is incredible, you have mountains, canyons, gorges, deserts, oceans and beaches, lakes, everything! 
Oh man, how i would love to hike some in your national parks!! My dream was to travel the world, but salaries over here in this country are so low that i could not do much of travels and as i mentioned in other post, i didnt had the mental power to leave my ex commie country for a better place because of my anxiety problems that i need to face!

Thanks for being friendly Hammer, if ever i get to Minnesota for sure i will lt you know. 

hammer

Cristalis,

Problems with vasectomies are rare but do happen, I just have a lot of luck and sometimes it just isn't good lol!

At the time my breast got so big I was very happily married already had fathered 5 kids owned my own business and investment  realestate (rental properties) so my priorities were much different! I did have gyno as a teen, but I was very strong so no one ever gave me a hard time about it and it never bothered me, and it was a much different time back when I grew up.

Like you say about yourself, I was very well built, but my health failure changed all that! At 28 I had 22 inch biceps a very low body fat percentage, I think it was under 10%, but in ten years it was all changed and I was 100 lbs heavier due to having to take insulin and being in a wheelchair! But I'm now 60 lbs lighter and still working on it!

To bad you couldn't have seen Dr. Jacobs while you were in New York! He is a fine doctor! I have not met him however,  if I was to have this surgery I do believe that I would want him to be the one to do it!

I love Minnesota for the lakes and woods! It has some great state parks that provide great handicap accessible trails with camp grounds that Debbie and I enjoy in the summer. We have come across wild life of all kinds on our hikes including turtles  burying their eggs. Some also have ATV trails as well so I bring my 4 wheeler along to do some trail riding with that too.

They call Minnesota the land of 10,000 lakes. Actually there are many more then that! I don't try to fish that many of them, I only have a very small boat now that I can sit in the middle and operate the trolling motor in the front and the bigger one in the back. It is just a 8 foot small lake bass boat. I gave up my big boat because I couldn't handle it anymore.

The only thing I don't like about my home state is the politics! I'm a conservative and Minnesota is very liberal! We have to take the good with the bad though.

We have traveled a lot and I have seen the world thanks to the Navy and I still love it here. In a couple years Debbie will retire and we are planning to do a lot more traveling again!

I hope that one day you can overcome what ever it is that keeps you from winning the fight over your  anxieties, and when you do have that new found freedom and walkout the door you will have a breath of new fresh air!

God bless you my friend!

Bob
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 09:59:18 AM by hammer »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024