Author Topic: Just got back from surgery!  (Read 2958 times)

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
just like to wish the guys who are having there surgery done tomorrow the best of luck... im having mine done aswell!, so good luck guys hope all goes well for ya, and ya never know we may see each other there  ;),

like to thank evryone else for the advice and info that they have contributed, thanks guys ;), i should be home tomorrow so il let you know how it goes, il get some pictures ready to post when ive had time to heal!.

chris.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 07:03:54 AM by chestrockwell »

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Absoultely best wishes mate, I really hope it goes 100% for you! And chill out, the op is a breeze!

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
ill see you there mate maybe!good luck!ill be the asian guy!

Offline markashleigh1979

• I've had my final operation :)
Good luck , you lucky g*ts ! :)

Offline bohemian2

• Posting Member
  • gyne removed by Levick 2/11/05
Good luck guys. I had my surgery done a week ago and have just, this minute, taken my bandages off.  Wow!..It's a good feeling. Just hold on to that thought while you are going through it all!

Enjoy the experience!

Offline orrible

• Previously stonecold... 9.11.05 Surgery Levick
Good luck guys, might see you there

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
hi guys! got back about an hour ago :D.

The surgery under local was sound, there was one moment were things went abit pear shaped when a piece of tissue was pulled out and mr levick says he may have caught a nerve wich amediatley made me feel sick with the pain!, i didnt moan to much but i asked to sit up but when i did i realy felt sick.. and probably would have passed out...but levick lied me back down and told me to take deep breaths and this did the trick!,this was because of the adrenaline they inject into you along with the anaesthetic.
mr levick is a fit guy... because he wasnt half tugging on the gyne.. at one point i thought he was going to put his knee on my chest for leverage lol :D, eventualy he prevailed and out it came :).

I had some concern at first when he told me to look down at my nipples and they were concaved were he removed the lumps and took some fat away,but he told me that they would level out over the healing period(fingers crossed)

His team is spot on and also the nurses, couldnt ask for a better service.

hope the other guys are fine who had there op's
today ;)

Chris.

Offline bohemian2

• Posting Member
  • gyne removed by Levick 2/11/05
Chris,you are a braver man than I am.

I just couldn't even think of having the operation down under local! I couldn't have watched Levick *(however nice he is) tugging away at my chest pulling out gyne!

It's strange enough looking at it now,  2 days after taking off the plasters without actually watching the operation. My god :)

Offline Yorkshireman

• Silver Member
Nice 1 mate, and well done! I could never watch anyone tugging on my chest...I didnt actually realise that yiu have to exert force to pull the gyne out! I thought itd just come out like a piece of tissue....

Anyway chill out, relax and let the healing begin!

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member
lol cheers guys, i actualy did say to levick whilst he was tearing pieces off ," you have to be half surgeon and half butcher" he laughed and replied "yes... i am now filliting your chest" wich got a few laughs around the room.
TBH the surgery was a breeze... it was just that one moment of pain that caused me to feel sick, after that brief episode it was back tugging and pulling :D.

If anyone does go through with the local anaesthetic.. just keep focused on getting out and recovering..you got to blank out what is happening around your chest area, i stayed focussed by asking about 400 questions throughout the procedure and i think levick wished he had me knocked out cos i wouldnt shut up:D, but he was great and so were his team.

If i could say.. do i wish i had general over local?...i think i would say i was quite happy with local TBH, you have to have a strong stomache to be able to put up with what seemed to be a rather brutal but skilled procedure, all the clipping and tearing of tissue was just like listening to the mechanic banging his spanners around in the workshop :D, my advise would be if you cannot stand a small amount of pain go the general route, but if your inquisitive and small amounts of pain dont bother you go local its a blast :D.

I went to theatre at around 9.30 am.. and i was on my way home up the m38 at 2.30 pm same day!, i didnt need any drains or antibiotics, so i hope its plain sailing from here on (touch wood) ;)

If anbody wants to ask any questions about the procedure and what it entails pm me and il do my best to answer your question.

chris.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 12:36:51 PM by chestrockwell »

Offline webster

• Silver Member
Hi ChestRW, very interested in your experience - RESPECT!

I probably will have a revision early 2006 and I should think that would be under local.
So I was wondering if you could say where Mr Levick performs the operations under local.
Does he use a full operating theatre or just his office? And what other staff were present?
Were you lying down and screened so you couldn't see what was going on?

I am trying to visualize 'cos 10 years ago I had surgery on my hand following a skiing accident ( bust loads of tendons). The hand surgeon just gave me a ring block on my arm and basically dissected my hand on his desk! Like something from Terminator movies where Arnie tears his hand off! But because it was an 'extremity' of my body I could look away and switch off so it wasn't too bad. But I can't imagine an operation on my chest like that. Any more details much appreciated! PM me if U like. Thanks v. much m8.

I'm sure you'll be right as rain in a week, but don't extert yourself even if you feel OK in case you trigger a haemotoma - leads to lumpy scar tissue that takes along time to go.

Webster.

Offline chestrockwell

• Silver Member

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024