Author Topic: Indentation / Dent in Left Pec  (Read 1774 times)

Offline rsimm

Hi guys,

I had surgery last Friday (posting this on Wednesday evening). I took off my compression vest over the weekend to have a look and straight away noticed that there was a clear dent in my left pec. I've read a few posts on this forum which say you need to wait for 6 months to see the true results, which I understand, however it still feels/looks quite alarming every time to see it. When I tense my pecs it is extremely noticeable. The other thing I've noticed is that my left nipple seems to be raised 5-8mm above my right, although this might not be clear from the pictures. Again I understand that complete symmetry is never possible but there does feel like a clear difference. Is any of this down to surgeon error? I have a post-consultation next week and just wanted to hear some thoughts of others that have experienced something similar.

Thanks in Advance.

Offline rsimm

Here's a few other photos. All photos taken on day 4 and 5 post surgery.

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Talk with your surgeon about this, as I know you will.  Sometimes with the tissue swollen, pressure from a vest or a drain can cause an indentation which resolves over time. Overaggressive suctioning can cause it too.  Hard to tell from the photos. If it doesn't resolve, fat grafting is a possible option for correction. Your surgeon will have better insight since he was there.  

Dr. Pope, MD
Orlando, FL
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024