Author Topic: Recent surgery..not too happy right now  (Read 5328 times)

Offline cybertit

• Posting Member
  • Surg. Aug 05...Got rev. Apr. 06...Still have breasts!
Hello everyone. I have had gyno pretty much since birth. To make a loong story short I finally decided to get my surgery. Its been 2.5 months since and I am a bit dissapointed on my results so far...also as you will notice on the pics at 9days it seemed like a really good improvent, but after a few weeks some of the tissue behind my nipple has hardened and I have developed some lumps, so the size of my nipple actually increased again. After speaking with my surgeon he explains that the lumps i developed are normal and it will heal with time, which is true because day by day it seems to be decreasing. Also my skin is pretty flabby since there is a lot less fat and tissue there. I am hoping that after the lumps soften my skin will have more of a chance to compress and it should finally start looking better. Your feedback and opinions is appreciated. Thanks.

Here are the pics:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58032992@N00/sets/1369858/

Offline cybertit

• Posting Member
Yeh yours looks very similar to mines. My surgeon said that after the hard tissue loosens up in about 2 months or so he will do a revision if need be, which I almost certainly will need. In the time being  I have been exercising regularly and trying to eat better and have already lost about 10pounds. I want to eliminate my weight and fat content being a factor at all. After all as long as we are physically and mentally well, we have all the tools required to change our bodies for the better, there really is no excuse. Now if you still can't correct whats wrong (in our case gyno) then there is nothing wrong seeking other means like surgery. Anyhow you seem to be in pretty good shape already and dont look as bad as I did before my surgery so you should have good results, are you planning to have surgery soon?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Its been 2.5 months since and I am a bit dissapointed on my results so far...

cybertit...

Did you have excision and lipo, or just lipo?

John.
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline wolfman

• keep fighting my friends
i bet u only had lipo. my first op was lipo only and i looked like that so i had to do a second op for a fantastic result. ;)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 09:03:52 PM by wolfman »
i finally feel like im a man

Offline cybertit

• Posting Member
What I had done was lipo using a Vaser machine, I think sometimes also called liposelection. So supposedly this machine in essence "burns" the fat and also other soft tisse and then sucks it away. So even though I did not have an excision I am hoping that some gland tissue if not all was removed in the process.

Offline Norml

Who or where did you have your surgery?  I had VASER only as well.  I am pleased with my results except for one side looks like I may need a revision.  I am wondering if we went to the same place.

Offline brm

• Bronze Member
I didn't undergo any op. But I get to think that gland is really the key point. It must be removed to make sure that the gyne resolves; Fat can always be more or less eliminated by workouts and/or diets. The problem is: Cauton  with the gland removal process. If too much is taken away, the postop situation will be worse than ever. So, cybertit,  i have the feeling that your doc removed mostly fat and a little gland. Now he must concentrate on the remaining excess gland. In your case, a 2stage op might be not so bad a calculation as for many others. You might well be better off, in the end, since your preop condition was a tough one.

Offline cybertit

• Posting Member
Who or where did you have your surgery?  I had VASER only as well.  I am pleased with my results except for one side looks like I may need a revision.  I am wondering if we went to the same place.

I had it done in Miami, FL. with Dr. Persoff

Offline Norml

No I did not have mine done in FL.  I think my one side will be fine given a little more time under compression.  Overall my results are great.  I will post pics soon.  500cc removed from one side and 750 on the other. WOW!

Offline cybertit

• Posting Member
UPDATE.

I saw my surg again today he says to wait 2 more months to allow the hard tissue/gland that i have to shrink a bit more then at that point he would go ahead and excise what is left. Offcourse i can't wait but I have been waiting all my life for this whats another couple of months. I have uploaded my latest pictures, for now I will just continue hitting the gym and eating better as I have...Seeing my overall improvement(lost 10lbs, gained muscle) compared to 5mnths ago is really encouraging. Thx for your feedback.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024